News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

"God doesn't believe in atheists"

Started by Nazzer, May 27, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazzer

I was sitting in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles to get my drivers license, and som fat mouthbreather came into the building with this vacant smile on his face and a shirt that said "God doesn't believe in atheists". This got me thinking: do theists think they're actually making a point with those shirts? What point are they "making"?

rlrose328

I think they THINK they're trying to be inflammatory and start an argument so they can get all ruffled... but it just won't work.  I see that phrase and I just roll my eyes.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

jcm

Quote from: "Nazzer"I was sitting in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles to get my drivers license, and som fat mouthbreather came into the building with this vacant smile on his face and a shirt that said "God doesn't believe in atheists". This got me thinking: do theists think they're actually making a point with those shirts? What point are they "making"?

Mouthbreather? Excellent! I love mouthbreathers, they bring me so much joy. I'm sure that was the greatest quote it has ever heard!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Enoch Root

That's almost as good as this little gem:

"God is dead."  -- Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead." -- God

Psalm23

Quote from: "Nazzer"I was sitting in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles to get my drivers license, and som fat mouthbreather came into the building with this vacant smile on his face and a shirt that said "God doesn't believe in atheists". This got me thinking: do theists think they're actually making a point with those shirts? What point are they "making"?
That shirt is just silly! God believes in all of his creation, whether they believe in him or not. Why do you think GOD finds atheists? I know of many atheists who have converted to GOD.
"Wash me clean, set me free, hold me closer, cover me" - David Crowder - My Hope

jcm

Quote from: "Psalm23"
That shirt is just silly! God believes in all of his creation, whether they believe in him or not. Why do you think GOD finds atheists? I know of many atheists who have converted to GOD.

So if Paul Bunyan believes in the grand canyon, should that be proof Paul Bunyan exists?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

Psalm23

Quote from: "jcm"

So if Paul Bunyan believes in the grand canyon, should that be proof Paul Bunyan exists?
No, but that proves that the Grand Canyon exists..
"Wash me clean, set me free, hold me closer, cover me" - David Crowder - My Hope

BuckeyeInNC

Quote from: "Psalm23"No, but that proves that the Grand Canyon exists..

:raised:

Nazzer

So if his big blue ox believes in Shiva, that means that Shiva exists?

Congratulations, by your logic every entity anyone ever believed in exists.

jcm

Quote from: "Psalm23"No, but that proves that the Grand Canyon exists..

what are you talking about? I was not wondering if the grand canyon exists.  :brick:

Lumberjack legends
Bunyan's birth was strange, as are the births of many mythic heroes, as it took three storks to carry the infant (ordinarily, one stork could carry several babies and drop them off at their parents' homes). When he was old enough to clap and laugh, the vibration broke every window in the house. When he was seven months old, he sawed the legs off his parent's bed in the middle of the night. Paul and Babe the Blue Ox, his companion, dug the Grand Canyon when he dragged his axe behind him. He created Mount Hood by piling rocks on top of his campfire to put it out.

Sophus

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Psalm23

Quote from: "Sophus":idea:

So....

God is all knowing. God doesn't believe in atheists. God doesn't believe in other gods. God is an atheist. God doesn't believe in himself. Thus God doesn't exist.

............did I get it right?     lol. God believes in atheists because GOD said atheists would exist long before atheism existed..

religion has been a part of mankind since the dawn of human kind.

can you prove to me atheism was embedded in the mind during creation? because according to modern science. "God" is programmed into the human brain.

who programmed our brain?

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Psalm23"God is all-knowing. he knows there are no other Gods. how can a GOD be an atheist, if he is GOD? lol. God believes in atheists because GOD said atheists would exist long before atheism existed..

can you prove to me atheism was embedded in the mind during creation? because according to modern science. "God" is programmed into the human brain.

-Curio

JillSwift

Quote from: "Psalm23"who programmed our brain?
IBM
[size=50]Teleology]

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "Sophus":idea:

So....

God is all knowing. God doesn't believe in atheists. God doesn't believe in other gods. God is an atheist. God doesn't believe in himself. Thus God doesn't exist.

............did I get it right?     lol. God believes in atheists because GOD said atheists would exist long before atheism existed..

But technically, could I say that god was an atheist as God doesn't believe in any other omnipotent, omnipresent, self aware being who is more powerful than itself?  IF God is not an atheist, then what God does God believe in?