News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

If Atheists Ruled The World (Vid) *NSFW*

Started by Caligula's Ghost, May 23, 2009, 11:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: "Tom62"Adolph Hitler also remained a member of the Catholic Church and paid his Church taxes until the very end. In 1933 he granted the Catholic church extended privileges, like the right of self-governance, state sponsored religion education in schools, etc. His ultimate goal was to unite the Catholic and Evangelical churches to fight the old archenemy of Christianity (the Jews). Hitler deeply admired Martin Luther. Hitler's ideas about eradicating the Jews comes straight from Luther. Luther's work "On the Jews and Their Lies", which gives us an idea about how moral Luther's views were:

Quote"Set fire to their synagogues and schools. Jewish houses should be razed and destroyed, and Jewish prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, curing, and blasphemy are taught, [should] be taken from them." Their rabbis [should] be forbidden to teach on pain of loss of life and limb."

This is a man held to be a moral authority? Luther also urged that "safe conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews," and that "all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them." What Jews could do was to have "a flail, an ax, a hole, a spade" put into their hands so "young, strong Jews and Jewesses" could "earn their bread in the sweat of their brow." Do you think any Fuhrer you may have heard of might have gleaned an idea or two from that last passage alone? In fact, think of Hitler while reading the next paragraph.

Luther proposed seven measures of "sharp mercy" that German princes could take against Jews: (1) burn their schools and synagogues; (2) transfer Jews to community settlements; (3) confiscate all Jewish literature, which was blasphemous; (4) prohibit rabbis to teach, on pain of death; (5) deny Jews safe conduct, so as to prevent the spread of Judaism; (6) appropriate their wealth and use it to support converts and to prevent the Jews' practice of usury; (7) assign Jews to manual labor as a form of penance.

Is there no clearer blueprint for the Final Solution than the works of one of Christianity's greatest reformers and moralists?
source: http://www.rationalresponders.com/hitle ... tin_luther
I actually have some insight concerning Luther. Finland is a Lutheran country, and the church has always been a bit uneasy about that particular book you just quoted. I think the official explanation is that it's one of Martin's later books, and towards the end he was a bit loony..
The other one I've heard is that Luther despised jews for the attitude that they are somehow better than anyone else for being Gods chosen people. If they would have admitted that they are equal to everyone else, he would have had no beef with them. This is of course ironic because Nazi's used the book as a propaganda piece for promoting their racist agenda. They themselves thought that they are somehow superior! Luther would have send manure throwers also to nazi parties.. Nazi's are peculiar in a way that they combined ideologies and religions that did contradict each other on a regular basis. There were a lot of symbolic from the Norse mythology, Thor and the names of the group leaders in the army. There were swastica and Aryans, which of course originally has nothing to do with a blue eyed, blonde, tall European, but originally refers to Indo-Iranians. Nietzsche's Ãœbermensch, which is yet again a total contradiction of the original meaning (Kind of Like Psalm23's redefinition of atheism, by the way..). And then there were a complex adaptation of Christian mythology. Germany was deeply Lutheran, they were not easily going to swallow a government that just worshipped ancient Nordic war gods, so there had to be churches, and the army had military chaplain's in service. Every soldier was expected to carry a copy of Mein Campf and the Bible with them. The official belt buckle of the army read Gott mitt Uns.  
I have the Finnish translation of the book by Luther, published in 1939, and bought then by my uncle, who was an ardent member of the Finnish fascist party. As you may know, Finland was in alliance with the Germany during the WW II, a political move which many believe saved Finland from becoming a Soviet Satellite state, Germany lost, so Finland lost too, but many consider the war to be won because of that reason. Finland extradited at least 12 jews (very possibly nearer to hundred) during the continuation war, that was the condition for getting grain from Germany. These are things that are discussed in Finland in relation to war, that we were forced to act like we did, but of course they are also excuses. Germany has been the all time winner of competition of former dictatorships coming to terms with their past. There was some truly horrific things happening in the country, but later on they have delt with their past a lot better than some other countries, like former Soviet Union, especially Russia (no, they are not the same thing). The other winner is The Republic of South Africa and it's truth and reconciliation commission.

Marty Martin: Martin Luther. New York: Viking (2004) ISBN 0-670-03272-7
http://western-philosophy.suite101.com/ ... ebermensch
http://www.archive.org/details/TheJewsandTheirLies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_ ... t_(Finland)
http://www2.hs.fi/english/archive/news. ... 0031118IE7

karadan

Quote from: "Recusant"
Quote from: "karadan"In fact, why hasn't it been banned yet?

Psalm23 may be a sincere representative of Christianity whose arguments are characterized by their astounding ineptitude. He may be a sock puppet operated by a smirking clown exploiting Poe's Law.  Either way, fact that he can elicit such magnificent posts as that by PipeBox (in particular) as well as Tanker, et al. in this thread alone gives him my vote for continued access to this forum. (I admit it's a selfish reason, and won't carry any weight with the authorities here, not to mention that at some point there's a good chance nobody will bother replying to his dross.)
  Other than occasionally sounding very much as if he's preaching, I don't know that he's really violated any rules.  <~~My 2¢

Well apart from evading almost all of Curio's questions and quoting scripture, maybe it hasn't broken the rules. I see your point though. I'm just not interested in reading anything else it has to say because it doesn't want to engage in serious dialogue.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Jolly Sapper

hmm.. Any bets to see how how much longer Psalm goes before flaming out?

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"hmm.. Any bets to see how how much longer Psalm goes before flaming out?
Depends on how much attention I can pay to him.  lol
-Curio

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"hmm.. Any bets to see how how much longer Psalm goes before flaming out?
Depends on how much attention I can pay to him.  :pop:

and2premiere

atheism isn't a unified group of practice per se. People are going to be good or bad with or w/o relgion, and the same goes for atheism. People are who they are innately. Even if this atheists killing these people, that's their own belief and doing. They're not saying "in the name of atheists I'll kill you," they are only representing themselves.

Ayreon

He's paranoid and delusional, jumping at shadows, and believes he is surrounded by cutthroats.

Also apparently Buddhists and atheists rape babies, cook them, then kill them.
[size=150]"Man is but a beast, and for that reason, man is more than god."[/size]

Whitney

Quote from: "Psalm23"
QuoteIf you weren't, you wouldn't claim that being atheist was akin to being a mass murderer.
once again.. showing facts on a youtube video is hardly judging. i'm just stating the obvious..

That's it...I already gave you a warning for lumping all under the label of mass murderer, no ethics, etc.  As I said before, if you had been paying any attention to the members of this forum you would already know that many of us are very moral people.  You're getting a one week ban...you don't have to come back after it is over.

Now go tell all your friends how the evil atheists were so scared of what you said that they had to ban you.

Psalm23 :banned: 1 week

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Whitney"That's it...I already gave you a warning for lumping all under the label of mass murderer, no ethics, etc.  As I said before, if you had been paying any attention to the members of this forum you would already know that many of us are very moral people.  You're getting a one week ban...you don't have to come back after it is over.

Now go tell all your friends how the evil atheists were so scared of what you said that they had to ban you.

Psalm23 ;)

And besides, everyone knows babies are best eaten as sashimi.  :D
-Curio

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Psalm23"
QuoteIf you weren't, you wouldn't claim that being atheist was akin to being a mass murderer.
once again.. showing facts on a youtube video is hardly judging. i'm just stating the obvious..

That's it...I already gave you a warning for lumping all under the label of mass murderer, no ethics, etc.  
It's worse than that.  Consider the implications if you combine this prejudice with his modified definition of atheism.

Ethnocentrism at its worst.