News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Fun Excercise

Started by perspective, May 21, 2009, 07:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

If you lack any moral fiber and have no regard for your fellow human, you can become obscenely rich through christianity in the US. Just make a church!
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SektionTen

I'd say the best argument a christian to make is that Jesus will solve all of your problems. I mean, who doesn't want everything to be easy peasy, with no responsibility for their actions so long as they "repent"? That's probably the most tantalizing seduction of all, but only the weak succumb to it.  :cool:

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "SektionTen"I'd say the best argument a christian to make is that Jesus will solve all of your problems. I mean, who doesn't want everything to be easy peasy, with no responsibility for their actions so long as they "repent"? That's probably the most tantalizing seduction of all, but only the weak succumb to it.  :cool:
Just goes to show that people, by and large, would rather have false comfort than uncomfortable truth.
-Curio

Sophus

You know, I try to think like Christians a lot of the time. But I just can't get my head that far up my ass.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

jcm

Everlasting life? Who wouldn’t want that? Now, if I could only believe it were true.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

ProRealism

Quote from: "McQ"Strongest argument?

The belief I once held. That I believed out of faith. No proof, no need to prove. Because I wanted to believe, so I did.
I think that's a good enough answer as long as you don't go around pushing it on other people.

Though if I were going to make some argument about Christianity being "right" I'd say something about social conformity and the dangers of being metaphorically burned like a modern day witch or shunned otherwise.

Quote from: "SektionTen"I'd say the best argument a christian to make is that Jesus will solve all of your problems. I mean, who doesn't want everything to be easy peasy, with no responsibility for their actions so long as they "repent"? That's probably the most tantalizing seduction of all, but only the weak succumb to it.  :cool:
I think that's the worst part of Christianity to be honest.
If you're going to hold a set of beliefs you should at least be loyal to your own subjectivity rather than asking forgiveness for your own inconsistency. That pretty much makes anything you believe invalid if you consider it all excusable yet still "wrong".

The entire concept of that is somewhat mind blowing to me. "I personally believe it's wrong but I'm going to do it anyway" Well... uh how the fuck was it "wrong" then?

Caligula's Ghost

Strongest argument...?  For me...I'm going to have to say those pretty young things going to church all dressed up in their finest clothes.  Though they were clean on the outside their soul reeked of weed, booze, sex and sweat from the previous night.  Yeah I really miss that.  The more involved at the church I was the more the girls seemed to want to pollute my "soul".  Nothing was more sexy to them than a corruptible man.  And boy I was impressionable at that age.  

Even when I had "given up the ghost" I stuck around mainly because it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  So strange though, I didn't try to lure "good" Christian girls into doing anything bad.  They "lured" me.  
A witty saying proves nothing.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Caligula's Ghost"Strongest argument...?  For me...I'm going to have to say those pretty young things going to church all dressed up in their finest clothes.  Though they were clean on the outside their soul reeked of weed, booze, sex and sweat from the previous night.  Yeah I really miss that.  The more involved at the church I was the more the girls seemed to want to pollute my "soul".  

Even when I had "given up the ghost" I stuck around mainly because it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  So strange though, I didn't try to lure "good" Christian girls into doing anything bad.  They "lured" me.  
:devil:
-Curio

VanReal

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "rlrose328"Potlucks.  I miss a good church potluck.   :beer:

lol...you can't have the beer at a church potluck.

Hehe, you guys were obviously not catholics....

Speaking of that, I guess my biggest argument for christianity would be the "confession".  You can screw up as much as you want, and then tell a middle man and all will be okay again after a couple of repetitive prayers.  Nothing like a good cleansing and removal of all guilt and responsibility, "Heaven here I come"!!
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

SektionTen

Some of the best meals I've ever had were on Catholic Sanit Feast days. Stuff my face. :pop: