News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hi there.

Started by Kestrel, January 06, 2007, 11:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kestrel

Just a quick hello.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

Squid

Hola.

McQ

Yo
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

joeactor

Welcome Kestrel!

MommaSquid

Kestrel...that's a bird, isn't it?

Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself.

Whitney

Hi Kestrel, welcome to the forum.

Kestrel

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Kestrel...that's a bird, isn't it?

Welcome to the forum.  Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself.

HI. Yes it's a bird. I figured I get it often enough, so I may as well "be" one.  ;)

I am a believer in Jesus Christ.

My theology is somewhat... out of the norm.
I am non-denominational, although many of my fellow believers insist that I am not a true christian or must either be part of, or am working toward starting a cult. Neither of which is accurate. Considering how far from the mark that I feel contemporary christianity is, as well as the number of things that christians are flat out wrong about, the whole "cult" thing is rather a trivial charge.

Besides, being a cult of one wouldn't be healthy for ones self esteem, I imagine.

As a result of my spiritual stance, I find myself more comfortable in the presence of non-believers, than that of my brethren.
More along the lines of a Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints", sort of thing.

What I bring to the board, is an unerring talent for ripping through contemporary christian stances, that have made many a die hard christian-bashing atheist, drool with undiluted humanist envy.
(I know that smacks of braggadocio. Trust me. I'll live up to it... in spades.)

At any rate, thank you for your warm welcomes. I look forward to interacting and getting to know folks.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

ImpaledSkier

Could you explain how you believe in JC but are not a christian? since...the definition of Christianity is believing that the path to salvation is through JC. Are you saying you think he was just some guy? probably one hell of a politician? because I believe that there probably was a JC just that he was a normal guy.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Kestrel

Quote from: "ImpaledSkier"Could you explain how you believe in JC but are not a christian? since...the definition of Christianity is believing that the path to salvation is through JC. Are you saying you think he was just some guy? probably one hell of a politician? because I believe that there probably was a JC just that he was a normal guy.

I shy away from the label "christian" because of what it has come to denote in contemporary society. Hypocrisy.

In its purist form ,it may be more accurate to define a christian as one who is a pupil of Christ.

I don't believe Jesus is God, if that's what you're asking.

GTMY

Mark_W

Hi Kestrel, I think your definition of christianity is certainly a better one than the commonly accepted church-"christianity" where Jesus is God.

Kestrel

Hi Mark_W,

I've come to see that my brethrens misunderstandings are primarily ego driven.
They insist on straining out gnats and devouring camels.