News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Teen Here Requiring Girl/Prom Advice

Started by Godless, May 18, 2009, 11:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godless

Quote from: "BadPoison"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Science Honor Society? Geek girls, ftw. Hope it goes well.  :D
I caught that too! The happiest relationships I've ever been in were with "geeks." But that probably says more about my personality than anything else.

I think you should leave Megan out of it, just because of the same reasons Karadan mentioned. Just go up to the girl you like and just straight ask her if she would like to go to the prom with you. Keep it short and sweet, when she says yes just say "Thats cool. Looking forward to it" and then walk away. Try not to show her how amazingly happy you are that she says yes. This way, she gets the mystery of what you're really thinking. Girls love mystery.

My 2cents

Well it's kinda too late now since I told Megan about my crush on Sydney today. She actually encouraged me to ask Sydney out to the prom and that I should get a rose for when I ask her. If she says yes should I just ask for her number right away? Also just wondering, how much does it cost to rent a decent looking outfit that would be suitable?

BadPoison

Quote from: "Godless"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Science Honor Society? Geek girls, ftw. Hope it goes well.  :D
I caught that too! The happiest relationships I've ever been in were with "geeks." But that probably says more about my personality than anything else.

I think you should leave Megan out of it, just because of the same reasons Karadan mentioned. Just go up to the girl you like and just straight ask her if she would like to go to the prom with you. Keep it short and sweet, when she says yes just say "Thats cool. Looking forward to it" and then walk away. Try not to show her how amazingly happy you are that she says yes. This way, she gets the mystery of what you're really thinking. Girls love mystery.

My 2cents

Well it's kinda too late now since I told Megan about my crush on Sydney today. She actually encouraged me to ask Sydney out to the prom and that I should get a rose for when I ask her. If she says yes should I just ask for her number right away? Also just wondering, how much does it cost to rent a decent looking outfit that would be suitable?

Yes! And good luck! I'm sure the two of you will have a good time!

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "Godless"

My 2cents

Standard tux rentals shouldn't too expensive.  Just pick up a phone book and start calling around to get the general idea of what a rental may set you back.  If the rental shops where you live are anything like they are where I live, then they tend to prepare for prom/graduation/other regularly scheduled dress up event.  So you shouldn't have a problem finding something that looks nice.  FYI, rental places tend to sell the suits that they've had for awhile.  You may be able to pick up a fairly nice looking tux and have it fitted to you for about the same price that you'd rent one.  I needed some fancy dress clothes once and spent less than fifty buck to get a tux that was taken in to fit pretty well.

Godless

Oh yeah one other thing... I've never really danced in my life before so what am I to do about that? I'm just going to end up embarrassing myself since I have no idea how to dance.

Whitney

You should wear a tux.  I think you can get a decent looking tux with shoes etc for around 150 (probably less).  If possible, try to borrow a cool car (but,that can be pretty hard to do in high school though).

Quote from: "Godless"Oh yeah one other thing... I've never really danced in my life before so what am I to do about that? I'm just going to end up embarrassing myself since I have no idea how to dance.

I'm sure most of the other kids have never danced either...don't worry about it.  Only dance to the slow songs and try not to step on her feet.

Godless

Ok wow, turns out that I have to ask Sydney TOMORROW. This is because Megan told me I need to do it this week because of limo arrangements. She's going to tell Sydney to go to Spartan Park, the area in front of our school, where I'm going to ask her. I got my rose ready for tomorrow and it's sitting in the fridge right now. I'M GETTING NERVOUS!

BadPoison

You see what you're doing?

Get it?  :D

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Godless"Ok wow, turns out that I have to ask Sydney TOMORROW. This is because Megan told me I need to do it this week because of limo arrangements. She's going to tell Sydney to go to Spartan Park, the area in front of our school, where I'm going to ask her. I got my rose ready for tomorrow and it's sitting in the fridge right now. I'M GETTING NERVOUS!

There is no prom law that states you must hire a limo.  Take a deep breath and spend some time with the object of your affection before you ask her to prom.  I wouldn't have gone to prom with a guy I hadn't dated first (but that's just me).

Either way, I wish you a positive outcome.   :)

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "Godless"Ok wow, turns out that I have to ask Sydney TOMORROW. This is because Megan told me I need to do it this week because of limo arrangements. She's going to tell Sydney to go to Spartan Park, the area in front of our school, where I'm going to ask her. I got my rose ready for tomorrow and it's sitting in the fridge right now. I'M GETTING NERVOUS!

There is no prom law that states you must hire a limo.  Take a deep breath and spend some time with the object of your affection before you ask her to prom.  I wouldn't have gone to prom with a guy I hadn't dated first (but that's just me).

Either way, I wish you a positive outcome.   :)

Hey, I didn't date my the young woman I took to the prom (or I guess she took me to her prom).  Though I did wind up marrying her almost a decade later.

Godless

Well, if she says yes then I do want to spend some quality time with her. I'm going to ask her out to the movies this weekend. Plus, I'm headed off with her to Busch Gardens next Friday for Science Honor Society.

Whitney

Quote from: "MommaSquid"There is no prom law that states you must hire a limo.  

I went to one prom in a Ford Pinto and the other in a Dodge Neon.  I agree that you don't need a limo.  If it was set up like the proms I went to no one will see what you rode in anyway.  So, if you can afford one...cool...if not...cool.  It's not a big deal.  Personally, I'd spend the money on a nice dinner instead of a limo if I were going to spend a lot of money.

Godless

Woot! Sydney said yes!  :banna:

Goddamn I was so nervous an anxious the entire day, especially during my 6th and 7th period classes. When I walked up to the bench area my heart was racing, even more so when I saw her walking up the steps.

When I asked her and gave her the flowers she said "Awww..." and smiled at me. That brought a huge wave of relief. Plus, I got her number and asked her out to the movies this weekend. She said she'd have to check her schedule, but that she'd most likely be able to go.

Whitney

Quote from: "Godless"Woot! Sydney said yes!  :banna:

See, you had nothing to be nervous about.

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "Godless"Woot! Sydney said yes!  :banna:

Goddamn I was so nervous an anxious the entire day, especially during my 6th and 7th period classes. When I walked up to the bench area my heart was racing, even more so when I saw her walking up the steps.

When I asked her and gave her the flowers she said "Awww..." and smiled at me. That brought a huge wave of relief. Plus, I got her number and asked her out to the movies this weekend. She said she'd have to check her schedule, but that she'd most likely be able to go.

CONGRATS!

INTERNET HIGH FIVE!

BadPoison

Right on my man!
Are you going to take her to see Terminator? :D