News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

the Ku Klux Klan is a Christian sect

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, May 16, 2009, 04:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psalm23

Quote from: "JillSwift"
Quote from: "Psalm23"So, according to you. I can go out and kill people as long as I'm holding a bible in my hand? It doesn't work like that. You are making Christians out to be a terrorist network.

Do you know all 613 laws Jesus taught?

I don't think "hating other people" was one of them..

Listen, I've already proven the klan are evil dictators and they do not have a place in Christianity. No way, No how!
I'm making no such judgment. All I'm saying is, the Klan disagrees with you.
It illustrates a problem with religion: Interpretation. For every group of Christians, there is a different interpretation of the bible. Each group thinks hey have it right and the others do not. The differences can be small and inconsequential, or large and dramatic. I find it impossible to decipher.
I would love nothing more than to sit down "one on one" with a member of the klan and discuss the bible with him. and i will show them they are wrong and what they believe in is not the same GOD i believe in.

How can "love thy neighbor", "do not judge others" and "do not kill" be misinterpreted?

well of course, most of the klan are from the south.. so they probably do not know how to read correctly.

let alone trying to understand ancient hebrew. lol. yikes!!

i think the bible is way over their head.
"Wash me clean, set me free, hold me closer, cover me" - David Crowder - My Hope

BuckeyeInNC

Quote from: "Psalm23"
Quote from: "Psalm23"So, according to you. I can go out and kill people as long as I'm holding a bible in my hand? It doesn't work like that. You are making Christians out to be a terrorist network.

It is far more likely that they would convince you to join them.

I find it entertaining to see your hipocrisy.  The same arguments that you would use to convince them are those that they would use to convince you.

JillSwift

Quote from: "Psalm23"I would love nothing more than to sit down "one on one" with a member of the klan and discuss the bible with him. and i will show them they are wrong and what they believe in is not the same GOD i believe in.

How can "love thy neighbor", "do not judge others" and "do not kill" be misinterpreted?

well of course, most of the klan are from the south.. so they probably do not know how to read correctly.

How judgmental and unloving of you.
[size=50]Teleology]

Psalm23

Quote from: "Psalm23"I would love nothing more than to sit down "one on one" with a member of the klan and discuss the bible with him. and i will show them they are wrong and what they believe in is not the same GOD i believe in.

How judgmental and unloving of you.
speaking the truth and being judgemental are two different things.
"Wash me clean, set me free, hold me closer, cover me" - David Crowder - My Hope

JillSwift

Quote from: "Psalm23"speaking the truth and being judgemental are two different things.
When the Klan hates dark-skinned people, they base it on the "Curse of Canaan" - part of the Bible, the "inerrant" word of god.

Where in that Bible does it mention people from the southern United States are too dim to understand the Bible? Alternatively, I'll accept citations to no fewer than three peer-reviewed studies suggesting the same.

If you can't tell me, then I guess you're just being judgmental and Biblically one step behind the Klan.
[size=50]Teleology]

Psalm23

Quote from: "Psalm23"speaking the truth and being judgemental are two different things.
When the Klan hates dark-skinned people, they base it on the "Curse of Canaan" - part of the Bible, the "inerrant" word of god.

Where in that Bible does it mention people from the southern United States are too dim to understand the Bible? Alternatively, I'll accept citations to no fewer than three peer-reviewed studies suggesting the same.

If you can't tell me, then I guess you're just being judgmental and Biblically one step behind the Klan.
does the KKK hate muslims because they are dark skinned? if so.. the KKK should have a field-day and go visit IRAN and tell those dark-skinned Islamic radicals they should die because of the color of their skin, right?

the kkk would be hanged on sight.

listen to me closely. "CHRIST"ianity. The CHRIST. The Annointed Messiah, The Christos; did not represent hatred towards races. this arguement is flawed to the core!!

Nowhere in scripture did the CHRIST tell his people to hate other races because of skin color.

for some unknown reason.. you will fight with me until death on this subject, but the bottom line is quite simple.
Jesus Christ.. ya know.. the guy who originated Christianity did NOT preach hatred.. nor did he teach racism!

JillSwift

does the KKK hate muslims because they are dark skinned? if so.. the KKK should have a field-day and go visit IRAN and tell those dark-skinned Islamic radicals they should die because of the color of their skin, right?

the kkk would be hanged on sight.

listen to me closely. "CHRIST"ianity. The CHRIST. The Annointed Messiah, The Christos; did not represent hatred towards races. this arguement is flawed to the core!!

Nowhere in scripture did the CHRIST tell his people to hate other races because of skin color.

for some unknown reason.. you will fight with me until death on this subject, but the bottom line is quite simple.
Jesus Christ.. ya know.. the guy who originated Christianity did NOT preach hatred.. nor did he teach racism!
This did not answer my question.

You asserted that southerners are too dim to understand the bible.
Where in that Bible does it mention people from the southern United States are too dim to understand the Bible?
If you can't tell me, then I guess you're just being judgmental.
[size=50]Teleology]

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Psalm23"for some unknown reason.. you will fight with me until death on this subject, but the bottom line is quite simple.
If I may...

Yes, the bottom line is quite simple, indeed. You will fight until death to make whatever rationalization or weakly constructed justification to defend your shallow, intolerant, farce of a religion. It's how you define yourself. You are nothing without your religion.

Should one of us decide to change their minds a bit, hey, great, whatever, we're always open to new evidence. That person doesn't lose a part of him or herself. On the other hand... you....

On a side note, I find it interesting that many Christians, yourself included Psalm, are so quick to hate Muslims, but forget that the Crusades, a purely Christian venture, were fought mainly against Muslims. Christians slaughtered--in the purest sense of the word--Muslims for, literally, hundreds of years. I have Iranian friends, man. They're nice people. It's people like you and the hatemongers you parrot that promote this idea that Muslims are evil, devil-horned monsters who would as soon kill a Christian as look at him.
-Curio

Psalm23

Quote from: "JillSwift"You asserted that southerners are too dim to understand the bible.
Where in that Bible does it mention people from the southern United States are too dim to understand the Bible?
No, it's just common knowledge that people from the south have a low I.Q rate. It's Science.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "JillSwift"You asserted that southerners are too dim to understand the bible.
No, it's just common knowledge that people from the south have a low I.Q rate. It's Science.
Do you count Texas in that? Just wondering.  roflol
-Curio

Psalm23

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "Psalm23"for some unknown reason.. you will fight with me until death on this subject, but the bottom line is quite simple.
If I may...

Yes, the bottom line is quite simple, indeed. You will fight until death to make whatever rationalization or weakly constructed justification to defend your shallow, intolerant, farce of a religion. It's how you define yourself. You are nothing without your religion.

Should one of us decide to change their minds a bit, hey, great, whatever, we're always open to new evidence. That person doesn't lose a part of him or herself. On the other hand... you....

On a side note, I find it interesting that many Christians, yourself included Psalm, are so quick to hate Muslims, but forget that the Crusades, a purely Christian venture, were fought mainly against Muslims. Christians slaughtered--in the purest sense of the word--Muslims for, literally, hundreds of years. I have Iranian friends, man. They're nice people. It's people like you and the hatemongers you parrot that promote this idea that Muslims are evil, devil-horned monsters who would as soon kill a Christian as look at him.
Ugh, I hope you're not a Moderator for Pete's sake!! Read the Title of the Thread! THE KKK IS CHRISTIAN!!

My answer is short and sweet, kiddo!

JESUS CHRIST did not preach racism in any form or manner!

Quit trying to tell me the KKK are worshippers of Jesus Christ!

Ancient Christians would be ashamed of you for talking this nonsensical b.s.

All you are doing, my friend is pissing off the man who is returning within your lifetime.

Don't be alarmed when a man claiming to be the Christ is walking into Temples in Jerusalem, and it's being broadcast all over CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, ABC...etc..etc... because GOD said, "every eye shall witness this event!"

and this was not even possible until the 20th century..

the day of the LORD is coming soon.. it will be a day of great DOOM and DARKNESS!

"If you reject me on this earth - then I shall reject you in front of My FATHER.." JESUS CHRIST - 33 A.D.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Psalm23"Ugh, I hope you're not a Moderator for Pete's sake!! Read the Title of the Thread! THE KKK IS CHRISTIAN!!
Why, yes it is!  :cool:

Quick argument: I have two Pink Floyd tattoos. I consider myself a Pink Floyd fan. That's how I display my liking for them. If someone else claims to like Pink Floyd but doesn't go to that extent, doesn't agree with me that Echoes was their best song, or thinks that the band was better after Roger Waters left, are they less of a fan than I am?

QuoteMy answer is short and sweet, kiddo!

JESUS CHRIST did not preach racism in any form or manner!

Quit trying to tell me the KKK are worshippers of Jesus Christ!
Did Jesus teach that you should go and annoy people on internet forums? I'm pretty sure he didn't.

QuoteAncient Christians would be ashamed of you for talking this nonsensical b.s.

All you are doing, my friend is pissing off the man who is returning within your lifetime.
I feel ashamed. I really, really do. I'm sorry ancient people who believed the same claptrap as the modern people! I really am! Forgive me!

QuoteDon't be alarmed when a man claiming to the Christ is walking into Temples in Jerusalem, and it's being broadcast all over CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, ABC...etc..etc... because GOD said, "every eye shall witness this event!"
Men claiming to be Christ are walking all over the earth, right now. Have been for ages. They're either liars or schizophrenics. The former have something to sell. The latter, well, at least they really believe it.

Quoteand this was not even possible until the 20th century..

the day of the LORD is coming soon.. it will be a day of great DOOM and DARKNESS!
Psalm, you are going to continue this idiocy for the rest of your life, and you are going to die never having seen your predictions come to pass. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
-Curio

Psalm23

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Why, yes it is!  :)

QuotePsalm, you are going to continue this idiocy for the rest of your life, and you are going to die never having seen your predictions come to pass. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
You know it's funny, because the Old Testament said there would be a coming Messiah.. and everyone laughed at them.. 'where is this Messiah?' .. who appeared 1,300 years later riding a Donkey into Jerusalem? Oh boy, the look on their faces if those skeptics were alive to witness it.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Psalm23"Ok, you're with me thus far. Nice.
Uhm, you just agreed with the point you are arguing against. You're saying the KKK isn't Christian. We're saying it is. You do realize that, right?

QuoteYes, any fan that would mark their body with a photo of Roger Waters' face would be considered a diehard fan. The other person, well I guess he would be just a fan, I suppose..
So the method by which they express their liking doesn't matter so much as the fact that they do like the music, right? Same with being a Christian, Psalm. One person (you) trolls forums, annoying atheists and quoting (poorly) scripture. Another (a KKK member) does their crap. Both Christian, I'm afraid.

QuoteNo, but if internet forums existed in 33 a.d. i'm sure jesus would have had one heck of a blog. but no, being serious, yes, Jesus would say.. go and preach my word to the blind. which in Jesus language, that would mean, YOU! :)
Judging by what I've read about Jesus' teachings, he'd tell you to stop. You are to bring the word to people who are willing to hear it, offer it to those who are not. You've offered it. We've rejected it (in fact, many of us here were you before becoming atheist -- this ain't our first rodeo). You can stop now.

QuoteYou know it's funny, because the Old Testament said there would be a coming Messiah.. and everyone laughed at them.. 'where is this Messiah?' .. who appeared 1,300 years later riding a Donkey into Jerusalem? Oh boy, the look on their faces if those skeptics were alive to witness it.
Cherry picking again, I see. The parts of the OT you believe bolster your position are worthwhile. Other aspects are apocryphal or antiquated and should not be paid attention to, right?

Trust me, if anyone should feel sad, it's us. For you. You are blind, Psalm. Not us.
-Curio

Sophus

Quote from: "Psalm23"Yes, any fan that would mark their body with a photo of Roger Waters' face would be considered a diehard fan. The other person, well I guess he would be just a fan, I suppose..
Capacity to appreciate has nothing to do with fanaticism. I too enjoy Pink Floyd and love The Wall as I relate it to a time of isolation in my life. However I don't fancy the idea of having a permanent marking on my body. It's the old To Have Or To Be? concept. Having more fan merchandise and so on does not make me actually become a bigger fan.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver