News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Watchmen

Started by quizlixx, April 28, 2009, 06:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quizlixx

I just finished reading "watchmen" about 3 minutes ago. I can't express with words how amazing this book is. I am still in awe.  all i can say is that if you haven't read it, you must go and buy it now.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

karadan

I bought the book after seeing the film. Loved the film. Absolutely loving the book.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

joeactor

I've seen the move, and have the book... haven't read it just yet, but I intend to (in my dubious "free" time ;-)

Will

IMHO the graphic novel is a lot better than the movie, even though the movie does a very good job of being true to the source material. Here's a recording of Alan Moore, the author, reading the journal of Rorschach (spoilers):
[youtube:45z4iup9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y00p7hNcrg[/youtube:45z4iup9]
Goosebumps!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Kylyssa

I love the graphic novel and I can't wait to watch the movie.  It'll have to wait until later though, due to budgetary concerns and my voluntary quarantine.  I want to see Star Trek, too, big time.

Steve Reason

I haven't read the GN, but I loved the movie. I've seen it 3 times so far. I hope it makes it to the dollar theatre.  :D
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/

jrosebud

this is one of those rare occasions where i read the book before movie buzz hit.  was *really* excited when i found out that i would get to see nite owl in the flesh.  (and flesh we did see.   :D )

deconstruction of the hero at its finest.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

Sophus

I've been meaning to see this. I don't suppose it's still in theaters is it?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Hat

I read the Graphic Novel the day before seeing the movie. Loved them both. I was a bit sad that we didn't get to see Rorscacah jumping out of a fridge in the movie, though x) I really wish I could go see it again, but they took it out of the thatres 2 days after I'd seen it.  A lot of people took their kids to see this movie, and left when the sex scene started so they probably whined about it being 'misleading' and got it taken off.

I had to giggle though, you'd think the big 16+ Rating at the start would give them a clue that it wasn't for kids.

karadan

Quote from: "Hat"I read the Graphic Novel the day before seeing the movie. Loved them both. I was a bit sad that we didn't get to see Rorscacah jumping out of a fridge in the movie, though x) I really wish I could go see it again, but they took it out of the thatres 2 days after I'd seen it.  A lot of people took their kids to see this movie, and left when the sex scene started so they probably whined about it being 'misleading' and got it taken off.

I had to giggle though, you'd think the big 16+ Rating at the start would give them a clue that it wasn't for kids.

Stuff like that annoys me greatly. Why the hell would someone take their kids to see a film like that? In my opinion, the age restrictions in the US for films aren't clear enough. The same goes for games. I've been on XBOX live before, playing very violent games only to hear a 7 year old kid skawking in my ear. Where are their parents? Why are they letting them play GTA online? It's pretty frightening to think that adult players are swearing their heads off at these children (and it does happen, a lot) whilst they use chainsaws to dismember people... That kind of crap would have traumatised me at 7 years old. Kids shouldn't be losing their innocence until their early teens.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

quizlixx

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Hat"I read the Graphic Novel the day before seeing the movie. Loved them both. I was a bit sad that we didn't get to see Rorscacah jumping out of a fridge in the movie, though x) I really wish I could go see it again, but they took it out of the thatres 2 days after I'd seen it.  A lot of people took their kids to see this movie, and left when the sex scene started so they probably whined about it being 'misleading' and got it taken off.

Stuff like that annoys me greatly. Why the hell would someone take their kids to see a film like that? In my opinion, the age restrictions in the US for films aren't clear enough. The same goes for games. I've been on XBOX live before, playing very violent games only to hear a 7 year old kid skawking in my ear. Where are their parents? Why are they letting them play GTA online? It's pretty frightening to think that adult players are swearing their heads off at these children (and it does happen, a lot) whilst they use chainsaws to dismember people... That kind of crap would have traumatised me at 7 years old. Kids shouldn't be losing their innocence until their early teens.
speaking from the mid-teen point of view. "my" generation has been almost completely desensitized to violence and sex, we were exposed to a wide variety of this content at such an early age. Todays media is turning into something far more primal than people realize, sex and violence are the main things the media uses to attract attention, then they just add more of it to KEEP peoples attention (attention span of a squirrel)
it's rather depressing.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

ACSlater

Quote from: "Kylyssa"I want to see Star Trek, too, big time.

I couldn't agree more! I've been excited about this coming out and I'm not even a big Star Trek fan  :hail: