News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Man-ofGod vs Evolution, etc.

Started by Recusant, April 29, 2009, 12:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PipeBox

Quote from: "joeactor"Why are you guys still at this?

Hope is the last thing to die.   :secret:
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

SSY

A scientific theory is nothing more than a predictive tool.

Gravity: According to the the theory, there should be a force between the earth and the moon, oh look there is.

Evolution: According to the theory, there should be transitional fossils, mutation of living organisms and natural selection, oh look there is.

Big Bang: According to the theory, the galaxies should all be moving away from each other, oh look they are.

Thats good science right there.

Bible: According to the theory, there should be miracles, a heaven and hell, a god, a devil and people raising from the dead, oh look, I can't see any of those things.

Bad science right there.

As to your point about the BB becoming scientific theory, as opposed to hypothesis, its a complete non issue. Each individual scientist has their own oppinion, their own threshold for evidence, their own ideas. Just like each sect of fundies has their own intereptations of the bible. Science is a process, a method, not a consensus. Indeed, it is the differing viewpoints of scientists that leads to these discoveries, and advances science, look at Einstein, he was not satisfied with the evidence for an ether, so came up with SR, a much better theory.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick