News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

New tattoos...

Started by ryanvc76, December 26, 2006, 06:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrybe

Quote from: "Tom62"3. it is not really accepted in my social "class".

ORLY?!  What "class" are you?  And what would you expect the reaction would be if you were to get one.  (Assuming you survive your wife's murder attempt.)
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Whitney

Quote from: "Tom62". it is not really accepted in my social "class".

They aren't really acceptable for me since I'll be an architect and it is not exactly considered professional to have tattoos....but that is why I got them where they won't show in work clothes.

Tom62

Quote from: "Scrybe"ORLY?!  What "class" are you?

I'm senior software engineer. But I'm married to a top rank manager of an European Union Agency, which means that we both have diplomatic status and have to mingle with ambassadors, generals and other fancy people.

QuoteAnd what would you expect the reaction would be if you were to get one.  (Assuming you survive your wife's murder attempt.)

In a conservative country like Germany most people react negatively towards visible tattoos. Wearing a tattoo is (unfortunately) still associated with "lower class" and foolish people, who can't be taken seriously. Should I want a tattoo then I better make sure that it is not visible (not even for my wife  :lol: ).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Scrybe

Quote from: "Tom62"Should I want a tattoo then I better make sure that it is not visible (not even for my wife  :lol: ).

:idea:  Well I've seen them on the inside of the bottom lip!
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes