News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Rampant idiocy at my school

Started by Prometheus, April 24, 2009, 07:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prometheus

Just a few hours ago we were all forced to leave the campus library(It's finals week) because some of my peers thought it would be fun to have a "Rave". Its apparently when a bunch of postliterate neanderthals meet up on the internet and decide to form a flash mob with no clear objective other than to be a nuisance. Cops were called in and mace was sprayed above the crowd as a warning. In the end only one of these genious's recieved a citation. (I was once jailed for target practicing in my yard. What a country we live in when these people don't recieve so much as a fine?)

Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little pissed off. You guys ever hear of Mensa? I think we need to team up with them and kill everyone whos IQ is below 100. It'd be a major improvement I think.
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

Mister Joy

Rash, though I agree the problem needs to be dealt with. :)  Wouldn't castration be a more humane approach? Just stop the buggers from breeding.

Whitney

Quote from: "Prometheus"Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little pissed off. You guys ever hear of Mensa? I think we need to team up with them and kill everyone whos IQ is below 100. It'd be a major improvement I think.

Don't be so quick to think people in Mensa are smart:  "Creationism at a Mensa Meeting" http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinkta ... pic=6985.0

joeactor

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Prometheus"Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little pissed off. You guys ever hear of Mensa? I think we need to team up with them and kill everyone whos IQ is below 100. It'd be a major improvement I think.

Don't be so quick to think people in Mensa are smart:  "Creationism at a Mensa Meeting" http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinkta ... pic=6985.0

No surprise for me.  I went to a number of Mensa meetings years ago.  Amazing how dull and boring "smart" people can be.

IQ is just one flawed measure of intelligence.  There are also many forms of intelligence (plus let's not forget wisdom).

Stupid is as stupid does,
Forest Joe

quizlixx

Quote from: "joeactor"
Quote from: "Whitney"

No surprise for me.  I went to a number of Mensa meetings years ago.  Amazing how dull and boring "smart" people can be.

IQ is just one flawed measure of intelligence.  There are also many forms of intelligence (plus let's not forget wisdom).

Stupid is as stupid does,
Forest Joe
(sigh) passed the mensa home test when i was 12, was invited to join. i am now very glad i didn't
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

PipeBox

Indeed, intellect != willingness_to_learn, and intellect + willingness_to_learn != having_learned.  IQ is no measure of knowledge.

That being said, creationists in Mensa make me cringe.  But hey, they probably just haven't had the benefit of all the information I have.  Maybe they don't use the internet, or maybe they just don't care enough to use the 'net in that capacity, researching creationist claims.  They can still be bloody brilliant and very useful to society.  And heck, take it from a former warehouse worker that even if everyone had an IQ of what is currently 120+, we'd still need need people to do the manual labor stuff.  Unless you're not partial to eating.

But I understand that you said we should kill everyone with an IQ score under 100 out of wishful, unreasonable thinking and mostly out of jest.  So all I'm doing is attacking a joke.  Go me.  Sorry about your school.
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

Squid

Quote from: "joeactor"IQ is just one flawed measure of intelligence.

I could not agree more.

Prometheus

Yeah but how else are we gonna decide which ones to kill off? rofl kidding, the IQ thing was a joke(It's a vague reference to Idiocrasy. Great movie. Plus I have a lot of "slow" friends whos company I actually prefer sometimes to normal people. They just seem to stop and think more than everyone else.). I just don't understand most people and what motivates them to do the stupid/senseless things they do. I have similar fears about Mensa(That their elitist/arrogant and perhaps not very freethinking. But you'd hope to at least get the average ratio you would in any other group.) I qualify for entry barely I just never joined because I heard they were all sudoku freaks. I love games like that(Chess, magic, anything that requires intense reasoning and forthought to play. I like one on one games more than solitary ones like sudoku though.) I just don't think its something to be proud of  ;) ) or I'm not cool." I'm more of the type of person who truly thinks and does what I want(Plenty of people make this claim but in actuallity just follow the herd(Group mentality and "fads".).).
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC