News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Got a Anti god/creation/religion good-book list for me?

Started by Ghost147, April 24, 2009, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost147

I wanted to pick up a new book soon and I was wondering if anyone here knew of any very well done (long) books that are about either falsifying, denouncing, poking fun at God, Creation and/or Religion?

can someone help me out?

curiosityandthecat

Check out Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. Paints Jesus in a way that anyone without a sense of humor (read: fundies) would find horrifying. I think it's damn hilarious.
-Curio

Tanker

while not specificly about religion I recomend, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of the greatest books (or series of books if you want to get technical) ever written.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Tom62

Another extremely funny book, that includes a fake religion, is John Scalzi's "Android's Dream".

Quote from: "Booklist"An interstellar scandal explodes when a human diplomat assassinates an alien diplomat by farting at him, albeit using a scent-emitting communicator. To forestall interspecies war, the government enlists former war hero and current überhacker Harry Creek. His mission: to placate the aliens by finding a unique form of sheep used in the aliens' upcoming coronation ritual. The sheep, in this case, turns out to be unassuming pet-store owner Robin Baker, whose genes improbably incorporate ovine DNA. Before Baker can be secured and summarily dispatched, however, Creek must contend with a succession of meddlesome adversaries ranging from a cult of sheep worshipers to alien thugs itching for interstellar war.

http://sfgospel.typepad.com/sf_gospel/2 ... is_la.html shows you what the "Church of the Evolved Lamb" in the book is all about.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein