News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Bediddle, April 22, 2009, 04:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bediddle

Hello. It's good to be here.

I'm Irish and I don't believe in God - and vice versa.

Your smilies are very blue/purple.

curiosityandthecat

Welcome! Smileys gotta match the theme, ya know? ;) Glad to have you! And vice versa.
-Curio

Bediddle

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Welcome! Smileys gotta match the theme, ya know? :hide2:

rlrose328

Glad to have you with us... have fun!
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

Hey bediddle, welcome to HAF.

Quote from: "Bediddle"Nice to meet you as well. It's strange to play about on another, very similar but eerily different phpbb forum.

What's the other forum you go to?  I'm on a few others and was wondering if maybe we have crossed paths before.  Your name seems familiar but I usually recognize people by their avatars and forget their sn.  I'm Whitney on most of the forums now but am still laetusatheos on some of them.

Bediddle

Quote from: "Whitney"Hey bediddle, welcome to HAF.

Quote from: "Bediddle"Nice to meet you as well. It's strange to play about on another, very similar but eerily different phpbb forum.

What's the other forum you go to?  I'm on a few others and was wondering if maybe we have crossed paths before.  Your name seems familiar but I usually recognize people by their avatars and forget their sn.  I'm Whitney on most of the forums now but am still laetusatheos on some of them.

I was a veteran on Dawkin's forum, and I also dabbled on the offshoots which sprung up when he jettisoned the filthy Off Topic crowd from his place in October.

I'd rather not divulge my username there because I have closed that particular door. I got too sucked in...

Thank you for your welcome - rlrose too.  :beer:

Whitney

Quote from: "Bediddle"I'd rather not divulge my username there because I have closed that particular door. I got too sucked in...

No problem, I have an account there but maybe only posted once or twice if that.  Oh the drama of split off forums; had my fair share of that at WWGHA.

Bediddle

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Bediddle"I'd rather not divulge my username there because I have closed that particular door. I got too sucked in...

No problem, I have an account there but maybe only posted once or twice if that.  Oh the drama of split off forums; had my fair share of that at WWGHA.

Is WWGHA the name of the forum, or the sound made by members during the split?

I must say, I do love a good forum split. I love drama, and I hate the naysayers who tell everyone to calm down.

Whitney

Quote from: "Bediddle"Is WWGHA the name of the forum, or the sound made by members during the split?

I must say, I do love a good forum split. I love drama, and I hate the naysayers who tell everyone to calm down.

WWGHA is www.whywontgodhealamputees.com  It's under new management now and is fine; the old admin is the one who did things which resulted in the splits.

I didn't care much for the drama and just quit posting there till it did calm down.  It was a mess, not only was there a split but a split between those doing the splitting.  In the end, most came back to WWGHA after the new management took over.

Bediddle

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Bediddle"Is WWGHA the name of the forum, or the sound made by members during the split?

WWGHA is http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com  It's under new management now and is fine; the old admin is the one who did things which resulted in the splits.

I didn't care much for the drama and just quit posting there till it did calm down.  It was a mess, not only was there a split but a split between those doing the splitting.  In the end, most came back to WWGHA after the new management took over.

Aaaaaahhhh...nothing beats a power crazy admin for shitting on everyones happiness...

McQ

Welcome to the forum. So, you are God and you don't believe in the Irish?  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Bediddle

Quote from: "McQ"Welcome to the forum. So, you are God and you don't believe in the Irish?  :hmm:

Either way, me and God love Guinness.

McQ

Quote from: "Bediddle"
Quote from: "McQ"Welcome to the forum. So, you are God and you don't believe in the Irish?  :hmm:

Either way, me and God love Guinness.

LOL! Beautiful explanation. I love it!

I especially love the part where you mention Guinness. To misquote and paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, "Guinness is proof that there is a god and he loves us and wants us to be happy."

:beer:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SallyMutant

The ants are back, Ted!
(Sorry, it's my fave take on Catholicism/religion and the best TV ever, so can't resist.)

:beer:
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?