News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What can make you weap?

Started by Will, March 26, 2009, 05:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyMutant

i weep when i worry that people don't know that i can't :blush:  spell "austere."
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

SallyMutant

I weep that people will think I can't spelll "austere."

:blush:
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

Enoch Root

I wept like a little kid during The Land Before Time, when Littlefoot's mom got killed and he sat by her body saying "Mama?  Mama?  Get up Mama!"  Gets me every time.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "Enoch Root"I wept like a little kid during The Land Before Time, when Littlefoot's mom got killed and he sat by her body saying "Mama?  Mama?  Get up Mama!"  Gets me every time.

oh dont remind me. I might need tissues again
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

rlrose328

Gee willikers, what's DOESN'T make me cry?

A good chick flick (Beaches, Steel Magnolias).
Pam and Jim on "The Office."
My son getting a new belt in Taekwondo.
Seeing my husband cry during a touching scene in a movie or TV show.
Thinking about my dad.
My son's birthday (guaranteed tear-inducer).
Seeing my credit card bill.  ;-)
Reading the part in Harry Potter where Dumbledore dies.
The last chapter of the last Harry Potter book.
Thinking about Prop 8 passing.
Chopping an onion.

Really doesn't take much.  If I haven't cried in a week or so, I'll be more prone to having a really good cry for relatively no reason.  It's a release.  I could scream or yell, but that tends to scare the Kid.   :D   My husband is quite emotional about movies and civil injustice, but not much else.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Lilbeth

Last time I cried uncontrollably was when my female pug died last year from heat exhaustion. She was only 6 but overweight. I have cried uncontrollably when some of my cats got run over and killed by automobiles in our last house.....I cry when something touches me......a movie can do that....a song......I cried when I lost my father in 1999 to cancer.
I cry when I am in pain....I cry for lots of reasons......

Sophus

The only time I cried as an adult was an involuntary reaction to a hysterical comedy film I was watching. There are things that make me sad, but I haven't wept since I was a child.... so I really don't know.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

AlP

I cry most days. I'm a man and I try not to let people notice. But really anything I perceive as significant can make me cry. Usually its positive things. For example, today I learned that Charles Darwin had a habit of walking several circuits of a path he had made while he was thinking. It occurred to me that I could have the same thing and I made three circuits of my office while I was thinking over a problem. The connection was significant to me at the time and I cried.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus