News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on September 29, 2017, 08:11:54 PM
It looks fun, but it's deeper in my game queue. I put the latest Metroid (Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS), on top of my queue and it is a fucking awesome game.

Yeah - I'm a fan of the Samus games. Used to play the older ones a lot. I think I've got the first 3ds one somewhere...

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on September 29, 2017, 08:14:03 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 29, 2017, 08:11:54 PM
It looks fun, but it's deeper in my game queue. I put the latest Metroid (Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS), on top of my queue and it is a fucking awesome game.

Yeah - I'm a fan of the Samus games. Used to play the older ones a lot. I think I've got the first 3ds one somewhere...
If you loved the side scrolling Metroids like Metroid (NES), Metroid II: The Return of Samus (GB), and Super Metroid (SNES), (and the two GBA games (Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission), then you'd probably really like the new one too.

It's not like the Prime ones that were FPSs, nor like The Other M that was third person. It's done in 3D, but it's a side scroller. I was really impressed by how tight the controls were and how few times I messed up due to the controls. If you played the original Game Boy one, there is a lot that is familiar, but tons of new things.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

I started playing Don't Starve Together on the XBox since it just came out. It's a challenging survival game but I'm pretty obsessed with it atm.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

OMG! Another Portal-ish game!  :jumps:

I might even break myself out of my dry spell for this one.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 24, 2017, 03:52:09 PM

Squeeeee!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on December 25, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

Squeeeee!

:jumps:

You've played Portal, Joe?

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2017, 02:10:18 PM

Squeeeee!

Yes! Got hooked on the first and played the second when it came out. Very creative for a puzzle game. The writing and voice work really makes it what it is.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on December 26, 2017, 01:45:58 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2017, 02:10:18 PM

Squeeeee!

Yes! Got hooked on the first and played the second when it came out. Very creative for a puzzle game. The writing and voice work really makes it what it is.

:grin:

There's a mod that came out aftwerwards, called Portal Stories: Mel in case you're interested and didn't know. It's a little more challenging IMO. Fun to play.

https://www.prismstudios.org/portalstories/

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 26, 2017, 06:07:25 PM

:grin:

There's a mod that came out aftwerwards, called Portal Stories: Mel in case you're interested and didn't know. It's a little more challenging IMO. Fun to play.

https://www.prismstudios.org/portalstories/

I played some of the mods a while back, but don't remember this one. Might have to dust off the game for a spin.

Buddy

Just bought Forza 7 for the Xbox one. I'm excited to race around in a MINI, my stepdad is happy because his car is in the game (Dodge Challenger SRT8). My boyfriend and I get to test out the racing wheel we have too.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

No one

There is this visually stunning simulation of the game of life, I've been playing for years. I suck at it. Regrettably, I only perused through the fine print. Once you activate the account, it can not simply be terminated. Self termination or when your health bar as barren as your will to continue bar are the only options for ending the game.

Arturo

Can anyone help me find out how to play old PC games?

There is this one called Blood Omen that I've been trying to play and I'm not sure how to get started.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on May 01, 2018, 01:53:49 AM

There is this one called Blood Omen that I've been trying to play and I'm not sure how to get started.

You might try to find an emulator. I've tried a couple in the past with mixed results. Depends on the game and how old it is...

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on May 01, 2018, 02:19:39 AM
Quote from: Arturo on May 01, 2018, 01:53:49 AM

You might try to find an emulator. I've tried a couple in the past with mixed results. Depends on the game and how old it is...
It was released in 1996. I'm not sure what emulator I would use.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Try DOS Box see if that works. It emulates DOS from a long time ago so it might work with games released in 1996. If that doesn't work, I'll try to find the game and see if I can get it running.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.