News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I just installed it but I won't be able to give it a fair shake for a few days.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Buddy on July 07, 2016, 04:54:53 AM
AHHHHHHHHH Pokemon Go just came out!!!! I'm so pumped. I've been waiting for over a year. My inner 12 year old is having a field day.

looks cool - installing now.

By the same team who coded Ingres.

Buddy

I went on a 4 mile walk because of that damn game. Freaking Nintendo, tricking us nerds into exercising.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

joeactor

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2016, 03:20:18 AM
I went on a 4 mile walk because of that damn game. Freaking Nintendo, tricking us nerds into exercising.

Clever nerdies!

Davin

Too bad it's summer here at 110° during the day, I'd be able to walk around looking for them. :( But it was fun catching some in the grocery store while shopping.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

gentle_dissident

Pokèmon Go is crashing our devices, we only use WiFi, and AR doesn't show the Pokèmen on my phone. I still haven't seen them on my daughter's iPad because it keeps crashing. Sounds fun though.

I've been playing Adventure and Gorf on Stella.

xSilverPhinx

Some people think that Pokemon Go is a tool of the devil, and I think that's hilarious! :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 09, 2016, 12:45:47 AM
Some people think that Pokemon Go is a tool of the devil, and I think that's hilarious! :lol:
I remember PokeMon being considered devil worship for well over two decades.

xSilverPhinx

Humble Bundle is giving away copies of Tropico 4 (offer expires in a day and a few hours). A Steam account is necessary. 

I never played any of the Tropico series, but hey, it's free, so...

(and I'm an impulsive game buyer even though I haven't played any in almost a year. :shrug: )

Edited to add link: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

joeactor

Trailer for a game I got to do a voice in (Lockwood)

It's a great turn-based concept, imho. And the style is very cool. Maybe it'll get to be a cartoon (fingers crossed)

Davin

So I've just started playing My Summer Car. It's a game that takes place in 1990's Finland. You have a car in pieces and the goal of the game is to build the car. You have to keep your person fed, watered, clean, and take sleep and bathroom breaks while building the car. It's strangely fun and satisfying to get even the most basic things completed.

http://www.amistech.com/msc/

xSilverPhinx

I recommend these games if you like tower defence (free).

Kingdom Rush

Kingdom Rush Frontiers

xSilverPhinx

Humble Bundle store is offering the racing game GRID for free. Offer is valid for another day a few hours and a Steam account is required.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game?hmb_campaign=grid_free_2016&hmb_source=bundle_page&hmb_medium=banner_cross

xSilverPhinx

Does anyone want free Assassin's Creed games? I've got a few extra keys:

Assassin's Creed Chronicles China
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III - Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy (DLC)
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

A UPlay account is required.

Davin

Haha, I saw an image a little bit ago that I thought was funny, though I've never tried to install uplay.

Title: My Experience with Uplay