News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHandlebarsAttached

Downloaded Dead Island for free last night. ;D
I've got to say, I'm having more fun with it than I thought I would after seeing trailers way back in 2011. Something about smashing a zombie's skull to bits, and watching the blood pool, is so, so satisfying. I'm probably just a sick fucker.

Dobermonster

WoW servers have finally calmed the fuck down enough for me to play the new exp. The things I do for love.

xSilverPhinx

Plants versus zombies is an addicting game. I love it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo needed a hobby, so He is making a sort of modernized pacman ripoff using The Asmo as the main character.

The first chapter takes place in Luxembourg, where after having devoured all the inhabitants, avoiding pesky Tanks along the way, The Asmo is one step closer to World Domination.

(Intended as a desktop app, but if I like the end result enough, I might do a limited release for Android)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

So he eats little Luxembourgians? (sic)
I'm currently working through the restored content version of Knights of the Old Republic II, which is still sort of meh even after unlocking stuff I didn't know about before, though it's fun turning other characters into Jedi. But I'm thinking of taking a break from gaming for once. I think my habit is getting in the way of other things I want to do. But it's hard to break, even if it's only a few hours a week. It also feels like me giving into my mother's over-parenting as a child in some twisted way (she refused to let any gaming consoles in the house when I was a kid. Just her personal tic as a parent, I guess)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: Firebird on December 24, 2014, 04:45:41 AM
So he eats little Luxembourgians? (sic)
Yes. and for every ten, He gets the power of The Horde?, which allows Him to spawn a horde of ratties against them Tanks.

If anybody is aware of a good rattie sprite, do tell The Asmo because the one He is using at this time is not very good.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

For your second experiment I think it should be a platformer inspired by games like Gish and A Boy and His Blob that has an aesthetic style similar to that of The Neverhood. Or a turn based strategy where hordes of rats take on the legions of tank.
Retired member.

Asmodean

..!

Ratties vs. Tanks. The Asmo is going to out-compete Plants vs. Zombies with that!

...*mutter*...
...And THEN!..
... ...
...FABULOUSLY wealthy!  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

joeactor

Anybody got a 3ds and want codes for the demo of Zelda Tri-Force Heroes?
(I got 3 of 'em)

Crow

As it is Halloween I finally decided to give Dead Space a go, since Niya recommended it I thought it would be the best option. What I have played so far is good a nice mix between Alien and The Thing.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on October 30, 2015, 09:55:30 PM
As it is Halloween I finally decided to give Dead Space a go, since Niya recommended it I thought it would be the best option. What I have played so far is good a nice mix between Alien and The Thing.

It looks interesting...

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 31, 2015, 02:31:06 AM

It looks interesting...

It is good I'm quite surprised by how solid the story is in it so far, lots of jump scares, intense moments, and a creepy atmosphere.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on October 31, 2015, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 31, 2015, 02:31:06 AM

It looks interesting...

It is good I'm quite surprised by how solid the story is in it so far, lots of jump scares, intense moments, and a creepy atmosphere.

Looks like fun. Maybe when I actually start finishing the games I start playing I'll buy it. Good to know the storyline seems solid, that's such a rarity in games these days.

Crow

Retired member.

Claireliontamer

In what has been a very surreal evening,  I have won an xbox one.  So.....do I keep it or sell it?  If I keep it, what games do people recommend?