News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

:D

And you still managed to play Skyrim 3 times since it came out? Efficient. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 20, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
And you still managed to play Skyrim 3 times since it came out? Efficient. ;D
No day rythm and most people I know are asleep in the wee hours of morning.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Synapse

I started playing video games when I was 4 (Sega Genesis!) and I've owned a PS1, PS2, an XBOX, and a PS3 (and also playing PC games along the way).

I like RPGs, be it sRPGs (Shining Force, Disgaea) or action RPGs (Demon Souls, Devil May Cry). I like being immersed in a story, and games really do this the best because of its interactive nature. Loved the KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls series. The Metal Gear series is my all-time favorite series. I'm enjoying dying in Diablo III's inferno mode right now. I guess I enjoy either a good story, or a good challenge.

I'm so-so with RTSes. Played a lot of CnC/ Red Alert. I hate FPSes (but I played a lot of counterstrike though).

xSilverPhinx

Summer Sales are done, now it's "Jade Empire" on sale. ::)

I didn't buy anything besides Terraria and the Red Frozen Synapse DLC (mostly for the soundtrack).

I'm actually quite proud of myself for pulling that off. ;D

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 05:56:23 AM

I didn't buy anything besides Terraria and the Red Frozen Synapse DLC (mostly for the soundtrack).

Don't knock Jade Empire its a good game, its really a precursor to Mass Effect, its a game that should definitely get a sequel as the tech at the time wasn't up to scratch with the ambition.

I picked up Cave Story+, Left 4 Dead 2, The Orange Box, and The Witcher. Im just glad I don't have a PC (well I am too lazy to set up a Windows partition) as I would have gone a bit giddy.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on July 24, 2012, 01:49:52 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 24, 2012, 05:56:23 AM

Don't know Jade Empire its a good game, its really a precursor to Mass Effect, its a game that should definitely get a sequel as the tech at the time wasn't up to scratch with the ambition.

I picked up Cave Story+, Left 4 Dead 2, The Orange Box, and The Witcher. Im just glad I don't have a PC (well I am too lazy to set up a Windows partition) as I would have gone a bit giddy.

The Witcher 1 is a good game, I enjoyed playing it. My computer can't properly run the Witcher 2 though, which I bought at full price when it was relatively new. It's just sitting there in my library.  Oh well...when I get a hardware upgrade...

I was toying with the idea of getting the Half Life series, but decided against it. You tell me if it's worthwhile and I'll wait for the next Sale. :P

Crow

I love the concept for this game: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

The game is basically about the end of the world and how you interact with it for the last hour, the approach to the game is "if the world ended in a little village in Shropshire, it'd be inconvenient" mixed with a Groundhog Day approach to interacting with the story.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

So, tell me...does Skyrim ever end? Or are they able to somehow keep pullling out an infinite amount of side quests? Dying to play the new DLC, but will try and finish most quests first.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2012, 11:07:52 PM
So, tell me...does Skyrim ever end? Or are they able to somehow keep pullling out an infinite amount of side quests? Dying to play the new DLC, but will try and finish most quests first.

Apparently not.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Wow.  :o I was half joking when I asked. :D

I guess I'll keep going till I've mastered all the perks then, those seem to be finite. I don't have the patience to play a game forever, even one that I feel commited to.

zeroday

COD MW3...Xbox can't wait for Black Ops 2 in November...

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Retired member.

history_geek

Quote from: zeroday on August 07, 2012, 03:54:38 PM
COD MW3...

That games single player campaign will go into my history books as one of the quickest playthroughs ever. Around 7 hours and 5 minutes. On Veteran difficulty, which is the hardest.

Think about that for a while.

In other news, I tried AC2 revelations for a bit. The bombs are a fun little gimmick, like the poison blade in the original AC2. You use it when you're trying to show off, or attempt to be cleverer then you actually are...

The hook blade was fun, too. However, I have this urge to go and find the person who thought that those infuriating "tower defense" bafoonaries were a good idea. And that they should be wired to your notoriety level, which if it ever gets full, you have to lower completely to avoid an attack. Try lowering it in a city where you can only bribe heralds that you are hard pressed to find (I had to spend maybe 15 minutes to try and find just 3...) or by killing those damnable officials or whatever, who I think I saw a grand total of two in my whole time. Never minding how hard those towers are to get in the first place.

*long inhale, exhale*

All right, I need to go collect about 300€ or so to sink into my next patch of miniatures. I think I'll stay away from games for a while...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

zeroday

Actually I never play the single campaign always live...