News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Amicale on April 07, 2012, 04:15:09 AM
You guys are going to laugh hysterically at me, but when I was a teenager I played Doom, Quake, and I've always had a fondness for the Civilization series. What do I play now? Wii games, internet flash games, the odd PS1/PS2 game when I visit a friend, and I'd play any sort of word game I could find online, like say Literati (sorta like scrabble).  :D

Eh, what can I say... I get busy with other stuff. And with a 4 year old, it's hard to find the time/ability to seriously play much of anything. Heck, I know I probably seem like I post too much on HAF, but whenever I do I always have 2 or 3 work projects on the go too. And maybe an internet flash game.  ;D

I count Doom 2 as the first computer game I've ever played! ;D My dad bought it, didn't really get round to playing it much and left it installed ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

el_presidente

PC for me.  Lots of Civ 5 and Left 4 Dead lately.

Tempted to go all nostalgic and reload MOO and Star Control 2 (the original SC2, thank you very much).
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  God won't do it, so we must do it ourselves.

Firebird

Steam had Bioshock 2 available for $5 a couple of weeks ago, so I took the plunge and downloaded it. While I don't see all that much different from the first one, that's fine; the first one was great. I'll probably splurge for Batman: Arkham City at some point soon since I've always had a thing for the dark knight.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

el_presidente

Been playing a lot of l4d 2 lately... in between studytime and more studytime.
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.  God won't do it, so we must do it ourselves.

Sweetdeath

I think i'm going to replay MGS: Sons of Liberty as a big LOL for Patriot's day.
Oh, Raiden~ <3

I never tire of replaying that game.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

NewStudent201

Anyone at all? I love this game. I like watching HCBaily's "Let's Play Final Fantasy" series :D

Final Fantasy thread--

GO!

Tank

Final Fantasy thread--

MERGED!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: NewStudent201 on April 17, 2012, 03:33:28 PM
Anyone at all? I love this game. I like watching HCBaily's "Let's Play Final Fantasy" series :D

Final Fantasy thread--

GO!

I used to be, but have not enjoyed or been able to complete a FF game since FFX. I will play again when they release FFX HD.  :)
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

history_geek

Once upon a time I did play FFX, as my friend had it, but I never completed it. Never got the hang of the level up system either.... :-\

In other news, It juuuuust might be that ME3 still has some hope. Or maybe not. There's been some tweets that I've seen float around in the BioWare forums where the team members have said the indoctrination "theory" might not be so dead. But that's about as much as they will budge, as they refuse to give any hints about anything else. However, the "Ectended cut" ending will be free. That's at least something....

I WANT TO RIP HARBINGER APART ONE BOLT AT A TIME, DAMN IT!!! FOR CHAR....errrr....I mean....For Earth?

And I actually did finish the game on Insanity. Not as hard as I might have thought, but damn those Banshees....and it's bloody impossible to get the "Master and Commander" achievement or the "secret" add to the ending. 4000 Effective Military resources is just too much without multiplayer :-\
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Willow

I'm completely hook on Minecraft at the mo.  I'm on a small friendly adult only server, let me know if you're interested.

xSilverPhinx

I just bought the Mount and Blade collection on sale (Steam). Very addicting game, a mix between action and RPG. That whole character and warband skill development thing is guaranteed to make me spend many hours playing ::) 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

I've just discovered that because my best buddy just purchased Civ 5, I'll be welcome over to play it anytime I'd like. Not that I'll have much time, but I'll make some. Score!  ;D And when the Civ 5 expansion pack, Gods&Kings comes out, I'll get it for him for his birthday because it looks SWEET:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_V:_Gods_%26_Kings

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Quote from: Amicale on April 22, 2012, 09:03:07 PM
I've just discovered that because my best buddy just purchased Civ 5, I'll be welcome over to play it anytime I'd like. Not that I'll have much time, but I'll make some. Score!  ;D And when the Civ 5 expansion pack, Gods&Kings comes out, I'll get it for him for his birthday because it looks SWEET:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_V:_Gods_%26_Kings

So you will basically become a permanent addition to his PC, that game sucks up a ridiculous amount of time. I was playing it a while back I started about 6 in the evening, next thing I know its light outside.
Retired member.

Jimmy

My daughter did excellent on her third quarter report card, so she was able to "pick" a video game for the Wii. She went with Mario Galaxy 2 and I had absolutely NO influence on this decision  ;)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Tank

Quote from: Jimmy on April 23, 2012, 02:54:07 PM
My daughter did excellent on her third quarter report card, so she was able to "pick" a video game for the Wii. She went with Mario Galaxy 2 and I had absolutely NO influence on this decision  ;)
No! You just picked it off the shelf and paid for it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.