News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

So, anybody play Minecraft? I find it a fun time waster.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xXxWashburnxXx

Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Buddy

Quote from: xXxWashburnxXx on February 25, 2012, 09:45:54 PM
all. the. time.

It is quite addicting, isn't it? Although I'm a wuss and I only play on peaceful mode.   :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

I tried Minecraft. Didn't like it. Too ugly.  :-\
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xXxWashburnxXx

I've got a giant castle in one of my worlds it took me about two weeks to build.

Asmodean

That part of it is cool. Building pretty much whatever you want, that is. However, The Asmo demands his graphics a good deal prettier than what MineCraft provides.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Asmodean

Better than the original, but everything is still made up of relatively huge cubic blocks.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Harmonie

Anybody play Pokemon?

Sequels for Black and White were announced today. Not 'Grey'. They're apparently two games by the name of 'Black 2' and 'White 2'.

A very strange decision my Nintendo. An even stranger one when you realize they're releasing these for the DS, not the 3DS. That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me. The DS has been last generation for almost a year, and Pokemon games sell systems.

Either way, the fact that they are an actual sequel, like Gold/Silver/Crystal, makes me very excited. G/S/C were my favorites! And we haven't had a true sequel since back then.. when I was a preteen. lol

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xXxWashburnxXx

I used to play Blue all the time. I still go back to it on occasion. I liked G/S/C and thought Ruby/Saphire/Emerald were ok but after that they got worse  IMO.

Buddy

I'm actually excited for the rerelease of Ruby/Sapphire. Those were my favorite.

Harmonie

Quote from: xXxWashburnxXx on February 26, 2012, 01:41:25 AM
I used to play Blue all the time. I still go back to it on occasion. I liked G/S/C and thought Ruby/Saphire/Emerald were ok but after that they got worse  IMO.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were actually the low point of the series for me. Although I have not played Black/White yet.

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 26, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
I'm actually excited for the rerelease of Ruby/Sapphire. Those were my favorite.

That probably won't be another couple of years, though.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Love Minecraft, started building a Sand Castle but never got round to finishing it. I also prefer peaceful mode, it can be a bit annoying when you're chipping away at thousands of blocks to have creepers sneak up on you and explode. ;D

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ThinkAnarchy

Does anyone else envy video game reviewers because they get to experience games like Amy? Personally, I think it would be enjoyable to play games this shitty and get paid for it. Now that I know how bad it is, playing it seems like a waste of time. However, if I had no clue and discovered it on my own, I think I would actually find some enjoyment in such a terrible experience. Once the price falls to $.99 I might be tempted to buy it simply so I can experience such a terrible game first hand.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5346-Amy

http://www.gamespot.com/amy/reviews/amy-review-6348824/
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Crow

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on February 28, 2012, 09:39:03 PM
Does anyone else envy video game reviewers because they get to experience games like Amy? Personally, I think it would be enjoyable to play games this shitty and get paid for it. Now that I know how bad it is, playing it seems like a waste of time. However, if I had no clue and discovered it on my own, I think I would actually find some enjoyment in such a terrible experience. Once the price falls to $.99 I might be tempted to buy it simply so I can experience such a terrible game first hand.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/5346-Amy

http://www.gamespot.com/amy/reviews/amy-review-6348824/

I don't envy them in the slightest, my friend was a tester for SCE Studio Liverpool and now hates games and anything to do with them.
Retired member.