News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I do not... Which is a bit weird for a gamer of my level, I guess.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

I don't have a personal one, but I and my younger brother used to have an account, which hasn't been used for...hmmm..quite a few years now that I yhink about it. When were the Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source released again...?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Crow

Yeah but I am on a mac so its kind of useless.
Retired member.

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 25, 2012, 10:04:05 AM
How many of you guys have a Steam account?

I've got one... got it for "Portal" a while back.  Not bad, but I don't use it as much anymore...

Harmonie

I don't know that I consider myself a 'gamer'. It's a hobby that just costs too much, and games these days are just disappointing me more and more, I'm afraid.

I'm primarily into Nintendo. I don't hate Microsoft or Sony. I actually own both a PS2 and a PSP. However many of the games I play on the PS2 are multiplatform. The PSP was given to my dad and then was given to me. I've only played Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on it, which is pretty much the only series I play that has exclusives on Sony consoles.

Enough about that, though. My favorite series is The Legend of Zelda. All of the 3D Zelda's have been a great time, and I enjoy the 2D ones sometimes as well. I also really enjoy Pokemon games (the main ones, not the spin-offs), the Mario RPGs (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and SMRPG). The one I play the most is Animal Crossing, though. Right now that is Wild World because it is on the DS and because the Wii version of the game was very mediocre. (The 3DS version looks much better, but the game is taking forever to come out.)

I also enjoy some PC games, but not the ones that everybody talks about. For one I enjoy The Sims series. Although I think that has gone quite downhill with The Sims 3. The Sims series has just become a cash-cow. They'll take your money in any way they can possibly think of. I also like Civilization, although I only own IV and its Expansion Packs.

I just can't afford to be a PC gamer. My PC can't even properly run The Sims 3 due to an integrated graphics card. But buying one that will work better is the least of my worries. I'll just need a new one in a couple of years. Meh.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Crow

Quote from: Radiant on January 26, 2012, 02:20:05 AM
Enough about that, though. My favorite series is The Legend of Zelda. All of the 3D Zelda's have been a great time, and I enjoy the 2D ones sometimes as well. I also really enjoy Pokemon games (the main ones, not the spin-offs), the Mario RPGs (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, and SMRPG).

The Ledgend of Zelda is my favorite series as well, I prefer the Link to the Past over any of the 3D iterations though Wind Waker comes close. I enjoyed Skyward Sword but I think the series needs a serious overhaul as it has practically been the same since the original and is really starting to show its age but Nintendo managed to do an amazing job with the graphics in Skyward Sword. I have been seriously disappointed with Nintendo this last generation which use to easily be my favorite gaming company, the DS is the first console I have ever sold and if Skyward Sword hadn't have come out my Wii would still have been sitting in storage since the release of Mario Galaxy. Hopefully the Wii U will deliver as I like the concept (but I also liked the concept of the Wii and DS) they just need to get the top quality third party games as the first and second party games aren't a system seller for me anymore as I have been playing Nintendo for as long as I can remember and the nostalgia doesn't exist anymore.
Retired member.

Harmonie

Personally, I'm just fine with little third party support. I get Nintendo consoles because I like their first party games. They are the only console I can trust getting day one because I know there will be plenty of first party titles that I will enjoy. I can't say the same thing for the other companies.

I'm not saying third party support shouldn't be there. The world doesn't revolve around me. There definitely should be great third party support.

It's just when I criticize Nintendo I'm more worried about the quality of their first party games, and to an extent the hardware. I was disappointed in the Wii because every first party title left me at least slightly disappointed. Super Mario Galaxy disappoints me because the level designs are far too linear for my tastes (and as opposed to SM64 and Sunshine). Super Smash Bros. Brawl was boring after a week (while Super Smash Bros. Melee kept me entertained for years). Animal Crossing City Folk made me lose faith in a series that started (the first US version) with my favorite game ever. And finally even Skyward Sword has a tinge of disappointment. It's not to the level of the other games, but something feels off about it. It's a tangible something.

So I too hope the Wii U is better. Unfortunately, it already seems far too focused on gimmicks.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

joeactor

... so... did you all hear there's no Blizzcon this year (delayed 'till 2013)

I'm pretty big on Nintendo as well (got a Wii and 3ds)
Really hope the Wii-U comes out as a winner...

xXxWashburnxXx

I have both a Wii and an Xbox 360. I play a bit of CoD Black Ops and Mw3, along with GTA 4 and the L4D games. I also play TF2 on steam. I use the Wii to play the old mario games.
Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Firebird

Mostly a PC Gamer, though I have a wii as well and use that for guitar hero and goldeneye of late. I've mostly done the 3d shooters, though at different times I've also played civilization, simcity, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I don't play as much as I used to, though; not enough time, and I admit there are times when I need to take a break from it so I actually move around a bit :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ihateyoumike

I've been playing a lot of "Fortune Street" for the wii lately. It's a board game, not unlike monopoly, but it incorporates a stock system into the game making it far more complex. It is an awesome game.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Crow

Yes! The mass effect 3 demo is out today. Seriously can not wait until that game is released.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Bought Skyrim for $20 by having my prized coupon stack with a Steam sale. Consider this to be a substantial victory. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 15, 2012, 04:51:57 AM
Bought Skyrim for $20 by having my prized coupon stack with a Steam sale. Consider this to be a substantial victory. ;D

WOOP! Enjoy.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on February 15, 2012, 06:55:08 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 15, 2012, 04:51:57 AM

WOOP! Enjoy.

;D I almost missed it when it went on sale too. :D

Just a heads up, the Be Mine Indie Bundle and the Indie Gala Bundle are live, in case anybody wants to grab one.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey