News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

OMG I got a 50% discount coupon for Skyrim. I can barely believe it.  :o

Too bad these coupons aren't accumulative, and 50% is as high as it goes for Bethesda...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

If anyone has and Bethesdra or Ubisoft discount coupons they don't want to use in their Steam account, you could send them over to me ;D

[notsorandomthoughts]Coupons that are actually worth anything  ::) (Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelations are expensive still very popular games. ::) Coal isn't much either, so I've been placing my bets on those two coupons. I was even able to get a copy of the Portal game with a few coupons, that I bought for a few coal ;D

Best thing of course are games, they're worth much more, but it can be tricky for someone who didn't have any to begin with (most people only trade games for games, and not coupons or coal  :( ) Though I did get one on my that's on my wishlist.

I know I'm rambling, but I'm actually kind of proud of myself ;D

Next year will be interesting.  8) I'll try to be better prepared, and hopefully more lucky. [/notsorandomthoughts]

Crow

If you have any coal that hasn't been crafted yet I have two spare that you could have as I don't really use steam and not going to hit the target of 7.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on December 31, 2011, 05:18:14 PM
If you have any coal that hasn't been crafted yet I have two spare that you could have as I don't really use steam and not going to hit the target of 7.

Could I? I'm still trying to see if I can make the most of my stuff...

If you want I have 1 -25% Ubisoft coupon for the 2 coal. Don't know if you were thinking on buying one of those games any time soon...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042261135

Crow

Its all right I don't want anything in return, you can just have them. As I am on a mac there aren't many games that I want that I haven't already got on a console.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I'm wondering if it's better to try and trade my -50% Skyrim coupon for a game worth more than $10 and buy Skyrim which is -33% off right now. ???

Tough decision.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on December 31, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
Its all right I don't want anything in return, you can just have them. As I am on a mac there aren't many games that I want that I haven't already got on a console.

Thanks, but I have no use for coal anymore :) Thanks for the offer though :)

Crow

Did you manage to get Skyrim in the end xSilverPhinx?
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

No, but I did manage to get another -50% coupon, which I traded for Napoleon Total War Imperial Edition. I'm going to use the coupon soon to buy Skyrim, getting it was way over my initial expectations (didn't expect to get even a -33% one unless very lucky) so I'm happy with that. :)

If they open a holiday sale next year I might have to open a trading branch here ;D I made a few mistakes I wouldn't repeat.

All in all I got around $50 worth of games that I ended up keeping by just trading stuff. :)

xSilverPhinx

Not to turn this thread into "xSilverPhinx's thought for the day" but I just bought Bejewled 3 for $5 on Steam and can't get enough of it.

The Bejeweled effect, it's there. O_o

I keep seeing colored gems to match.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2012, 05:32:36 PM
Not to turn this thread into "xSilverPhinx's thought for the day" but I just bought Bejewled 3 for $5 on Steam and can't get enough of it.

It was nice knowing you, we can see what you will be spending your time on now  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 11, 2012, 05:34:18 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 11, 2012, 05:32:36 PM

It was nice knowing you, we can see what you will be spending your time on now  ;D

I'll drop by every now and then to check that you haven't blown up some troll to smithereens. ;D 

fluttershine

I plan on getting FFXIII-2 as well as Mass Effect 3 when they both come out. I adore both titles and genres and look forward to playing them.

Crow

Quote from: fluttershine on January 19, 2012, 07:38:39 AM
I plan on getting FFXIII-2 as well as Mass Effect 3 when they both come out. I adore both titles and genres and look forward to playing them.

You played the FFXIII-2 demo yet, it feels very different to FFXIII which in my opinion is a good thing, though I might give it a miss as I don't think I can be bothered with grinding for hours on end just to progress in the game. Mass Effect 3 will be a day one purchase for me its a fantastic series. But I have loads of games that I haven't even started due to Skyrim.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

How many of you guys have a Steam account?