News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Anyone fiddling with "OnLive"?

I just downloaded the app for my droid - let's you play console/pc games on your phone or tablet.
So far, pretty nice.
If you get it now, you also get a free copy of Lego Batman.

Games also run on the PC.

Looks like a mobile alternative to Steam.

(oh, and they've got AC running on it too)

Davin

I'll have to check that out, sounds awesome.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

I haven't tried it on a tablet device but I have been using onlive for quite a while they had a deal when it first began in the uk where you could buy a game for a £1 so I picked up boarderlands. I really like how it works and if the next gen of consoles don't try and implement it in some way they are missing out.

If you want to try it out in someway without having to create an account you can play a bunch of demos at Gaikai.
Retired member.

joeactor

I'm hoping for an OnLive Google TV app (yeah, I got one of 'em).

They also sell some kind of OnLive controller (bluetooth), and a tv-box-thingie...

Crow

Quote from: joeactor on December 12, 2011, 09:26:56 PM

That would totally make more sense as a direction for the company to pursue over the set-top box, seeing as most new tv's come with some sort of "smart tv" connectivity, if they do a deal with TV manufacturers to have the application installed as standard they could easily begin to take away a good portion of the existing console market.
Retired member.

joeactor

Quote from: Crow on December 12, 2011, 09:53:08 PM
Quote from: joeactor on December 12, 2011, 09:26:56 PM

That would totally make more sense as a direction for the company to pursue over the set-top box, seeing as most new tv's come with some sort of "smart tv" connectivity, if they do a deal with TV manufacturers to have the application installed as standard they could easily begin to take away a good portion of the existing console market.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, assuming it works well.  Just have to buy compatible controllers, I guess...

Crow

Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

I just wish I didn't have work to do.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on December 27, 2011, 07:05:36 PM
The Asmo is free to game until next week :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on December 27, 2011, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: Crow on December 27, 2011, 07:05:36 PM
The Asmo is free to game until next week :D

:'( Right that's it, I'm gonna punch a bear in the (virtual) face.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Is anyone trading items on Steam? Or...giving them away? :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2011, 07:45:28 AM

Huh, didn't know you could do that on Steam...

If you're looking for cheap games, check out the Humble Bundle 4 (i think it's www.humblebundle.com)
It includes the games from their last one.

The proceeds are split between developers and charities.  You can even choose how much goes to whom.
Plus, it's name your own price! (be sure to go above the average to get the extras...)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on December 28, 2011, 03:13:08 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2011, 07:45:28 AM

Huh, didn't know you could do that on Steam...

If you're looking for cheap games, check out the Humble Bundle 4 (i think it's www.humblebundle.com)
It includes the games from their last one.

The proceeds are split between developers and charities.  You can even choose how much goes to whom.
Plus, it's name your own price! (be sure to go above the average to get the extras...)

Steam is having a holiday sale thing now, till Jan the 1st, where you complete some objectives (usually game achievements, including the ones you already have) and you win things such as coal, which is currency basically, discount coupons or whole free gift games. You can transform 7 coal into a gift too, but unfortunately don't get to choose the outcome.

I'm trying to trade my way to a better discount coupon for Bethesda games, which includes Skyrim. So far I got a 10%. Not too easy though, people drive a hard bargain ::) Most coupons are valid until March the 1st too.

I actually came across that link just a while ago, apparently some people are trying to cheat Steam by buying the bundle for 1 cent and using the achievements to get holiday sale gifts. 

xSilverPhinx

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!

I just got a -25% on a Skyrim coupon for 2 coal (which wouldn't amount to more than $2).