News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 05, 2011, 06:10:49 PM
Whew...finally finished AC:Revelations!

The puzzles are a bit different in this one, not as particulary challenging, and there are only 5. They remind me a bit more of the type of puzzles the game Portal uses but without the portal gun or the physics (have you played Portal 1 or 2?). Mostly to give us a bit of Desmond's story before he was found by the Templars in AC1.

I liked the ending and the last few missions ;D

Anyways I'll stop here before I give away a few spoilers :P

Yeah they are brilliant games though I only played the first Portal recently as it was free on steam. I had a quick peek on youtube to see what the puzzles are, they look interesting.
Retired member.

not your typical...

7-3am. 9 hours straight of Skyrim at a friend's just to be told that I can't spend the weekend to finish the game, I have a 2 hour ride to get home, and I still am gonna be forced to get up at 7am to go to church. Parents can be so cruel. :P
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 05, 2011, 06:41:06 PM
Parents can be so cruel. :P
So, do what The Asmo did. Be cruel right back - covertly. Even the payback you can't openly gloat about tastes good.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 05, 2011, 06:54:34 PM
So, do what The Asmo did. Be cruel right back - covertly. Even the payback you can't openly gloat about tastes good.  ;D
Haha. I will. I'm planing something big this holiday season, to distract from the even bigger the summer. :D gotta save up a ton of cash though.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Asmodean

Ooh! The evil, which is cooked up on cash, is usually far greater than the broke ass evil. This one gets The Asmo's Seal.  ;D

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 05, 2011, 07:06:42 PM
Ooh! The evil, which is cooked up on cash, is usually far greater than the broke ass evil. This one gets The Asmo's Seal.  ;D

Yay. ;D Can I pet it?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on December 05, 2011, 06:36:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 05, 2011, 06:10:49 PM
Whew...finally finished AC:Revelations!

The puzzles are a bit different in this one, not as particulary challenging, and there are only 5. They remind me a bit more of the type of puzzles the game Portal uses but without the portal gun or the physics (have you played Portal 1 or 2?). Mostly to give us a bit of Desmond's story before he was found by the Templars in AC1.

I liked the ending and the last few missions ;D

Anyways I'll stop here before I give away a few spoilers :P

Yeah they are brilliant games though I only played the first Portal recently as it was free on steam. I had a quick peek on youtube to see what the puzzles are, they look interesting.

Now those are two games that I recommend ;D Portal 2 is better than Portal one by a long shot too, with more puzzles and more stuff you need to use or can use to complete them.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 05, 2011, 07:35:10 PM
Of course! Is your seal now. Many more where came from  ;D
Haha. Yes... *plots more of evil plan* :D

Brent

AC puzzles that are similar to Portal puzzles?!  That sounds really tempting.  I'm waiting to get Revelations till the price goes down a little though.

Mainly because I'm stuck on Skyrim though, amirite?
It's my first Elder Scrolls game, although I played a lot of Fallout.  It took some getting used to, but I'm totally sold on it now.
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

not your typical...

Quote from: Brent on December 07, 2011, 05:54:41 AM
It's my first Elder Scrolls game, although I played a lot of Fallout.  It took some getting used to, but I'm totally sold on it now.
Skyrim is my new lover. <3 Everytime I get a chance to play, I'm all over the game. It's amazing. Fus Ro Dah!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Brent

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 05:56:44 AM
Skyrim is my new lover. <3 Everytime I get a chance to play, I'm all over the game. It's amazing. Fus Ro Dah!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
It's seriously started to intrude into my every day life.  It was 20 degrees today and I didn't wear a coat, I tried mead last night, and I've started getting up out of my chair and shouting "There can be only one!" every time I kill a dragon.
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

not your typical...

Hahahahaha! <3 That's awesome! I only get to play, on average, once every week.  :-\

Crow

Finally got round to playing Skyward Sword and its brilliant. Once you get use to the motion controls the game just keeps getting better and better. Its a perfect mix between the older games in the series and adds new elements that keeps the game fresh yet familiar. If you have ever liked any of the prior zelda games go buy it.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

AC puzzles that are similar to Portal puzzles?!  That sounds really tempting.  I'm waiting to get Revelations till the price goes down a little though.

Keyword being similar but there are only five, and without any portals or wormholes. ;D I would advise against buying it just for that though...but if you're a fan of the AC series, and especially Brotherhood, then I recommend it. Multiplayer has been bettered too.

I want to buy Skyrim, though I'm waiting for the price to go down...rather considerably. Till then I have Oblivion to get through ;D (first time Elder Scrolls player too)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey