News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

AC:Revelations has been released for PC! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 23, 2011, 10:09:36 AM
Eh... Well... As for that now, you see... ...

OK, ALRIGHT, I HAVE!!! I'M A NERD. HAPPY NOW?!  >:(
Yes. Quite happy. :) Besides, nerds have more fun.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Crow

Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on November 30, 2011, 03:49:29 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 29, 2011, 07:12:14 PM

Any good?

..? It's ASSASSIN'S CREED! What more need you to know?  :P

(It sure did not disappoint me at least)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on November 30, 2011, 03:49:29 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 29, 2011, 07:12:14 PM

Any good?

Yep!  Though it's best if you play all of them, from the first Assassin's Creed to the previous one (Brotherhood) because of plot continuation (assuming you're new to the series).

The graphics have certainly improved.  8)

I ran into some glitches, though hopefully they'll patch those up.

joeactor

BTW, if anyone is still playing Warcraft, I'm Arcurion's voice in the "Hour of Twilight" patch that just came out...
:)

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on November 30, 2011, 03:36:53 PM
BTW, if anyone is still playing Warcraft, I'm Arcurion's voice in the "Hour of Twilight" patch that just came out...
I still play. That is pretty cool.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2011, 04:29:32 PM

He was a fun one to voice.

The audition description was that he should sound like crackling ice, or the embodiment of cold.
Here's a snippet someone uploaded to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK27YjD1DbU

Lemme know when you beat him!

xSilverPhinx

That's really cool  :o Well done. :o

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on November 30, 2011, 04:53:10 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2011, 04:29:32 PM

He was a fun one to voice.

The audition description was that he should sound like crackling ice, or the embodiment of cold.
Here's a snippet someone uploaded to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK27YjD1DbU

Lemme know when you beat him!
Excellent work! But now that I know it's your voice, it seems kind of weird to try to kill him. :D
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on November 30, 2011, 06:11:06 PMExcellent work! But now that I know it's your voice, it seems kind of weird to try to kill him. :D

That's ok... I've been killed before, but I just keep coming back as someone else...

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2011, 05:46:29 AM
Yep!  Though it's best if you play all of them, from the first Assassin's Creed to the previous one (Brotherhood) because of plot continuation (assuming you're new to the series).

Yeah played them all so far except for Revelations, I didn't really like brotherhood apart from completing the storyline so I haven't really given it a look. I'm looking forward to Assassins Creed 3 and hope it uses 'Shao Jun' as the main protagonist as Embers seems to be hinting that will be the case.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on November 30, 2011, 08:21:22 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 30, 2011, 05:46:29 AM

Yeah played them all so far except for Revelations, I didn't really like brotherhood apart from completing the storyline so I haven't really given it a look. I'm looking forward to Assassins Creed 3 and hope it uses 'Shao Jun' as the main protagonist as Embers seems to be hinting that will be the case.

I haven't played much into it yet, but out off all its predecessors I'd say that it's most like Brotherhood. Ezio has some new moves, a cool hookblade (I liked that add) and can now craft bombs. Other than that...so far it's been similar. One thing that gets a bit tiring is that it's the third installment with Ezio, the fact that it's in a totally new city, country and culture helps a bit.

Cool new puzzles though, they remind me a bit of the Portal franchise, though they have nothing to do with the theme. Of the maze/problem-solving type.  

Shao Jun? I thought that AC3 was going to star Desmond and not another ancestor ???

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 01, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
I haven't played much into it yet, but out off all its predecessors I'd say that it's most like Brotherhood. Ezio has some new moves, a cool hookblade (I liked that add) and can now craft bombs. Other than that...so far it's been similar. One thing that gets a bit tiring is that it's the third installment with Ezio, the fact that it's in a totally new city, country and culture helps a bit.

Cool new puzzles though, they remind me a bit of the Portal franchise, though they have nothing to do with the theme. Of the maze/problem-solving type.  

Shao Jun? I thought that AC3 was going to star Desmond and not another ancestor ???

The puzzle elements sound good, the exploration puzzles in AC2 andBrotherhood are my favorite parts of the game so if more of that or similar has been added I am sold. The new location does look pretty good.

I have no idea what they are going to do with the next game it would make sense to finish Desmond's story before 2012, but in the DLC for Brotherhood it hints that he has more assassins to meet. This is the Shao Jun character then put it alongside this it may be a possibility.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Whew...finally finished AC:Revelations!

The puzzles are a bit different in this one, not as particulary challenging, and there are only 5. They remind me a bit more of the type of puzzles the game Portal uses but without the portal gun or the physics (have you played Portal 1 or 2?). Mostly to give us a bit of Desmond's story before he was found by the Templars in AC1.

I liked the ending and the last few missions ;D

Anyways I'll stop here before I give away a few spoilers :P