News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: history_geek on November 03, 2011, 08:14:17 AM
And Asmodean, you can loot corpses in AC, it's just that the only things you get are monies and the random ammo :P
You call that loot?!  ::)

I like having the opportunity of leaving the corpse with nothing but its socks if I want to. THAT is looting.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on November 03, 2011, 07:22:59 AM
Well, it's not as much about the plot as it is about game experience. Elder Scrolls offer a very versatile environment where a lot of stuff can be interacted with, combined and enhanced, the graphics are nice-looking and in Skyrim, there will also be horned helmets.

To put it this way, if you could loot the corpses and pick flowers in Assassin's Creed, it would be just as epic in my book.

I think Crow was talking about Modern Warfare, Asmodean ;)

But I agree with both of you. The first Modern Warfare was the best and the current ones are the same with a prettier spit and shine graphics, and multilayer shite.

And the Elder Scrolls I think are more about the exploration of a large enverioment then story based mosnter grinding, and I expect Skyrim to be no different, although I hope they  have something a bit more intresting then the main "story" in Oblivion.... ;) And Asmodean, you can loot corpses in AC, it's just that the only things you get are monies and the random ammo :P

Yup I was referring to Call of Duty.  

I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, I just hope there aren't any vampires in it. Though I probably wont pick it up for a while as I have yet to take Dark Souls out of its wrapper.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2011, 09:33:10 AM
I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, I just hope there aren't any vampires in it. Though I probably wont pick it up for a while as I have yet to take Dark Souls out of its wrapper.
Well, Oblivion vampires were not that bad. However, becoming one and then getting cured did mess up my face job, which did take some time to create.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on November 03, 2011, 10:22:02 AM
Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2011, 09:33:10 AM
Well, Oblivion vampires were not that bad. However, becoming one and then getting cured did mess up my face job, which did take some time to create.

Aye they aren't to bad and being a vampire for a while is fun. The main problem I had with it was how glitchy and lengthy the vampire cure quest was, which left a bad memory of the game.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2011, 10:35:26 AM
Aye they aren't to bad and being a vampire for a while is fun. The main problem I had with it was how glitchy and lengthy the vampire cure quest was, which left a bad memory of the game.
Yes... On my second playthrough, I had me all the ingredients for the cure before the quest started, so I didn't need to run around for ages watching for sunrises and looking for nightshade and garlic  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

you can loot corpses in AC, it's just that the only things you get are monies and the random ammo :P

In AC Brotherhood, you can loot some random items off some sorts of corpses (rival thief gang members and the Borgia messengers), but I don't really see why they even added that feature, since the most you can do with those is sell them for a little cash or trade some in to unlock shop items.

The main thing AC has going for it is the plot.  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2011, 04:19:30 AM
¨
Rather pretty graphics and respectable cities too. In only them corpses were more lootable...  :-\
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 04, 2011, 09:47:26 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2011, 04:19:30 AM
¨
Rather pretty graphics and respectable cities too. In only them corpses were more lootable...  :-\

LOL is all you can think of is looting corpses? :P That grumpy lumpy would look great with that same expression crouched over a corpse while looting and sneaking a look to the right as if to say: hey you, this is mine.

One thing that's boring about AC is that it's too easy for Ezio to make a lot of money fast (give money to restore the city and every 20 mins it deposits a sum back to your account), looting becomes redundant and pointless and buying stuff is hardly a challenge.

The cliffhanger. Don't get me started on the cliffhanger ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2011, 05:26:42 PM
LOL is all you can think of is looting corpses? :P
Well... Yeah.

QuoteThat grumpy lumpy would look great with that same expression crouched over a corpse while looting and sneaking a look to the right as if to say: hey you, this is mine.
Ooh, yes.

Quoteit's too easy for Ezio to make a lot of money fast (give money to restore the city and every 20 mins it deposits a sum back to your account), looting becomes redundant
Yup :(

Quoteand pointless
There is still the matter of personal satisfaction  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

One thing that's boring about AC is that it's too easy for Ezio to make a lot of money fast (give money to restore the city and every 20 mins it deposits a sum back to your account), looting becomes redundant and pointless and buying stuff is hardly a challenge.

Well they could incorporate looting clothes into the game which would make it more interesting in terms of how you go about missions. It would have also been better if you could loot the Borgia messengers in AC:Brotherhood so you could open up side missions.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on November 04, 2011, 06:22:53 PM

Well they could incorporate looting clothes into the game which would make it more interesting in terms of how you go about missions. It would have also been better if you could loot the Borgia messengers in AC:Brotherhood so you could open up side missions.

Those are cool suggestions, if I was responsible for the game series, I would incorporate something like that  8)

Just a few more days till AC Revelations is released! ;D ;D ;D

Godless

Asmodean

Quote from: Godless on November 09, 2011, 09:18:31 AM
Any PC gamers in da house?
Aye, mostly strategy though, except StarCraft, which I for some reason can no longer stand.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

joeactor

Quote from: Godless on November 09, 2011, 09:18:31 AM
Any PC gamers in da house?

I'm on Steam - a lot of puzzle-oriented games (SpaceChem is the current one).
Portal 1 + 2
And Yet It Moves (got the Wii version too)

Used to play all the Myst series, but can't find a modern-day equivalent.

history_geek

*sniff* Why must it be so long until December 24th.....whyyyyyy!? T-T

*sigh* so another...39 days before I can get my hands on Skyrim. :'(

Well, for anyone else out there stuck in the same situation as me [WARNING! Minor Spoilers Ahead]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26sElOD28w

And for those who also have to wait even longer for ME3 [WARNING! Spoilers Ahead]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKWldfbDuEA

:P
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i