News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I just bought Alpha Protocol on Steam for US$2. Wouldn't have seriously considered buying it if it had been at its normal price (around $30)...but it's okay ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Stev13jay

I just want to say hi to everyone on this thread I love gaming pretty much all my free time I play ps3 can't wait for COD MW3 what's everyone else think

Asmodean

Waiting for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Want it. Need it. NOW, DAMMIT!  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Stev13jay

Quote from: Asmodean on October 30, 2011, 09:31:15 PM
Waiting for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Want it. Need it. NOW, DAMMIT!  >:(

Omg yes great game can't wait either

xSilverPhinx

What is this 'Skyrim' I keep hearing about? :P RPG? Better than the Witcher?

I bought Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-release and can't wait until early November! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2011, 11:19:42 PM
What is this 'Skyrim' I keep hearing about? :P RPG? Better than the Witcher?
Yes and probably, yes.

QuoteI bought Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-release and can't wait until early November! ;D
Also on the WANT!!! - list right beside Skyrim.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 30, 2011, 11:19:42 PM
What is this 'Skyrim' I keep hearing about? :P

Well, if you know what Oblivion is, it's that with better graphics and randomly acting dragons  8)

And as for "better then Wintcher", well, they are both fantasy RPG's but that's where the good comparison points end. Witcher is more story based and closer to the traditional RPG's, while Elder Scrolls feel like a hybrid between RPG and FPS games. Both work, but in the end they are I think just a bit too different for a proper comparion of "better". Now Witcher and Assassin's Creed on the other hand.... ;D

Damn it, I want Mass Effect 3 NAO! I want my dose of sci-fi action.... :-\
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Asmodean

Quote from: history_geek on October 31, 2011, 09:59:13 AM
Damn it, I want Mass Effect 3 NAO! I want my dose of sci-fi action.... :-\
Yes, that too... *sigh*

I'm gonna be flat ass broke in the oming months, aint I..?  :-\
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Stev13jay

Elder scrolls V should be an epic rpg. But there's no one hyped up for call of duty mw3?

Asmodean

Not my kind of game. really, but I think I shal have me it regardless. Not high on my priority list though.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Stev13jay

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Stev13jay on October 31, 2011, 04:29:57 PM
Elder scrolls V should be an epic rpg. But there's no one hyped up for call of duty mw3?

I cant see why people would get hyped for it the series hasn't progressed since the first MW.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2011, 04:15:41 AM
I cant see why people would get hyped for it the series hasn't progressed since the first MW.
Well, it's not as much about the plot as it is about game experience. Elder Scrolls offer a very versatile environment where a lot of stuff can be interacted with, combined and enhanced, the graphics are nice-looking and in Skyrim, there will also be horned helmets.

To put it this way, if you could loot the corpses and pick flowers in Assassin's Creed, it would be just as epic in my book.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

history_geek

Quote from: Asmodean on November 03, 2011, 07:22:59 AM
Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2011, 04:15:41 AM
Well, it's not as much about the plot as it is about game experience. Elder Scrolls offer a very versatile environment where a lot of stuff can be interacted with, combined and enhanced, the graphics are nice-looking and in Skyrim, there will also be horned helmets.

To put it this way, if you could loot the corpses and pick flowers in Assassin's Creed, it would be just as epic in my book.

I think Crow was talking about Modern Warfare, Asmodean ;)

But I agree with both of you. The first Modern Warfare was the best and the current ones are the same with a prettier spit and shine graphics, and multilayer shite.

And the Elder Scrolls I think are more about the exploration of a large enverioment then story based mosnter grinding, and I expect Skyrim to be no different, although I hope they  have something a bit more intresting then the main "story" in Oblivion.... ;) And Asmodean, you can loot corpses in AC, it's just that the only things you get are monies and the random ammo :P
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i