News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

*EXCLUSIVE* Assassin's Creed Revelations Singleplayer Commented Walkthrough [HD]

For those intrested to see a glimpse of Ezio's last journey...

I just played AC1 through again, and am now going through AC2. BTW, the atmosphere change between the games is incredible. Altaïr was a pretty glum and overly serious character, and the world itself was pretty damn grey and dull (in its artisic way. The grapics are still amazing, and the cities can and do have a lot of colour, but....), where as Ezio is a hopeless joker and giggolo at times, and the Reneisance well... people don't seem to be taking everything so damn seriously. Its a nice change over all. I hardly smiled while playing the first game, now I'm giggiling (in a manly sort of way, of course) almost all the time.

Now, let's see. I need to go to Venice and....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: history_geek on June 25, 2011, 05:40:35 PM
*EXCLUSIVE* Assassin's Creed Revelations Singleplayer Commented Walkthrough [HD]

For those intrested to see a glimpse of Ezio's last journey...

I just played AC1 through again, and am now going through AC2. BTW, the atmosphere change between the games is incredible. Altaïr was a pretty glum and overly serious character, and the world itself was pretty damn grey and dull (in its artisic way. The grapics are still amazing, and the cities can and do have a lot of colour, but....), where as Ezio is a hopeless joker and giggolo at times, and the Reneisance well... people don't seem to be taking everything so damn seriously. Its a nice change over all. I hardly smiled while playing the first game, now I'm giggiling (in a manly sort of way, of course) almost all the time.

Now, let's see. I need to go to Venice and....

I loved the series, and I can't wait to see why Desmond did what he did at the end of Brotherhood. I have my hypotheses...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

SIMON

::)  That all sounds cool,but i like to play online games  Flashbased  like Evony" so i can chat with a real person while i plunder there  city lol

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: SIMON on June 30, 2011, 01:17:45 AM
::)  That all sounds cool,but i like to play online games  Flashbased  like Evony" so i can chat with a real person while i plunder there  city lol

I just bought Settlers 7 which has a multiplayer function. Good game, highly addictive. I recommend it if you like the Age of Empires strategy types.

xSilverPhinx

Also Frozen Synapse is a good game, though watch a player commentary because the trailer doesn't really say what the game is all about.

history_geek

Anybody else played L.A Noire?

I'm finally starting to get the hang of the Intuition points-system. Unfortunately my 5-star row just got broken, cause I kinda pissed off the boss..... :P

The shooting system is pretty much rubbish though.... not to mention the trafficing laws, or the apparent lack there of. Everybody drives against reds, people turn as they like, the car infront of you might park right in the middle of a junction without any apparent reason...gotta say, car chases are quite the challenges from time to time.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

ZombiePhysics

Recently pretty much all I've been playing has been The Witcher. Never got into fantasy-ish RPG's until this one. Makes me wanna try out Oblivion again, on the PC due to my love of modding communities. They made New Vegas for me.

On the subject of CD Projeckt, what does everybody think about Good Old Games? If you don't know what it is, then check it out. It's pretty neat.
"I wait for a miracle every day, but what I've seen here has only tested my patience, not my faith." - Fox Mulder

Davin

Recently played a leaked release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I really like it. It's an FPS/RPG but has a lot of cool sneaky stuff instead of just running around shooting people. It comes out later this month.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I'm waiting for the Witcher 2 to cheapen a little. I bought the Portal and Portal 2 bundle just a month or so before Portal 2 went down from US$39 to $29. I don't regret it though, but I could've saved those ten bucks ;D

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: history_geek on July 24, 2011, 05:38:13 PM

I'm finally starting to get the hang of the Intuition points-system. Unfortunately my 5-star row just got broken, cause I kinda pissed off the boss..... :P

The shooting system is pretty much rubbish though.... not to mention the trafficing laws, or the apparent lack there of. Everybody drives against reds, people turn as they like, the car infront of you might park right in the middle of a junction without any apparent reason...gotta say, car chases are quite the challenges from time to time.

I have! I haven't beaten yet (even though I brought it at the midnight release) because there are so many good games that came out around the same time that I just keep jumping back and forth between games. I probably still have like 6 or 7 games I brought within the past 6 months that I haven't even PLAYED yet.

Yes... I have an addiction to video games....

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on August 05, 2011, 05:52:36 PM
I probably still have like 6 or 7 games I brought within the past 6 months that I haven't even PLAYED yet.

I do this too, though I usually start them, play a little and then another game I'm interested in comes out and I go after that.

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: Cecilie on May 29, 2011, 01:11:01 AM
This one? Cause I had this one.

I had one of those! My niece borrowed it and never gave it back, but she's adorable and like 10. So I'll allow it.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 06, 2011, 05:15:31 PM
Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on August 05, 2011, 05:52:36 PM
I probably still have like 6 or 7 games I brought within the past 6 months that I haven't even PLAYED yet.

I do this too, though I usually start them, play a little and then another game I'm interested in comes out and I go after that.

I tend to want to finish games I start it (unless they suck). Plus with all the systems I played, a lot of games come out at the same time. So I have to try and manage my time. While going to school full-time and now working full-time, when school starts up again, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to manage my time... x_x

xSilverPhinx

I just bought Minecraft, and really like it. Full of blocks... ;D I'm trying to build a big sandcastle, though it's going to take quite a long time. 

Sweetdeath

I'm currently playing Persona 2 for ps1 because I never beat it.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tankcaster

Quote from: history_geek on July 24, 2011, 05:38:13 PM

I borrowed it from my friend played it for a few hours and a black screen popped up saying insert second disc. So I'm still waiting to play the second half, but so far it's been pretty awesome. The interviews are extremely difficult, or I just suck at them. The clues are relatively easy to find with a couple tricky ones here and there. The traffic laws really do suck though. I haven't got nearly any high star ratings thanks to car damage and civilian injuries.

I'm still trying to decide which is better between L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption.
"Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" - André Gide