News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

I recently bought Portal 2, but I haven't got around to actually finishing it.
The world's what you create.

ThinkAnarchy

Bad news for fellow PlayStation owners. PSN blog say's the store will not be up today as previously rumored. I want my free copy of inFAMOUS already...
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

slapdashartist

I just found out that there's already another Assassin's Creed coming out in November. Is it their goal to put out a new game each year or something? They get a bit repetitive, but I'm still a fan. (And the online gameplay was a nice addition to Brotherhood.)
"And a moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." -Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: slapdashartist on May 25, 2011, 04:42:19 AM
I just found out that there's already another Assassin's Creed coming out in November. Is it their goal to put out a new game each year or something? They get a bit repetitive, but I'm still a fan. (And the online gameplay was a nice addition to Brotherhood.)

That's funny. The last I read on the series the developer said they would probably wait a couple years until the next installment. They didn't want people to get sick of it by pushing a game out ever year. I still have yet to play Brotherhood and only recently beat AC2.

It's entirely possible I could be thinking of another franchise, but I'm fairly certain it was AC.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

slapdashartist

Actually, I have a question... Should I get Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas? I haven't played New Vegas, but I did enjoy 3 for the most part. (There were some glitches here and there that bothered me, but I had fun playing it nonetheless.) Is there anyone who has played both that could offer an opinion?
"And a moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection." -Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk

slapdashartist

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 25, 2011, 04:51:49 AM
That's funny. The last I read on the series the developer said they would probably wait a couple years until the next installment. They didn't want people to get sick of it by pushing a game out ever year. I still have yet to play Brotherhood and only recently beat AC2.

It's entirely possible I could be thinking of another franchise, but I'm fairly certain it was AC.

I'm pretty sure that I heard that as well... I figured they would want to wait a bit longer since they were so quick releasing Brotherhood, but I guess not. I'm pretty sure if they keep going after this next one people WILL start getting tired of them.

PapistItalian16

Quote from: slapdashartist on May 25, 2011, 04:56:48 AM

I'm pretty sure that I heard that as well... I figured they would want to wait a bit longer since they were so quick releasing Brotherhood, but I guess not. I'm pretty sure if they keep going after this next one people WILL start getting tired of them.

Heres a link to Game Informer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/23/the-places-you-39-ll-go-in-ac-revelations.aspx

Looks pretty cool.
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 23, 2011, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 23, 2011, 03:11:22 AM
I was always phobic of typing my credit card number online...you never know who's watching.

You can get throw away prepaid credit cards, or just have a debit account with a low balance.  I don't have much confidence in companies keeping my information secure.

I'll check those out...thanks.

Quote from: Cecilie on May 23, 2011, 08:14:50 PM
I recently bought Portal 2, but I haven't got around to actually finishing it.

I just finished it. Loved it ;D.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

slapdashartist

Quote from: PapistItalian16 on May 25, 2011, 09:40:42 PM
Heres a link to Game Informer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/23/the-places-you-39-ll-go-in-ac-revelations.aspx

Looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited about it. The landscapes (once again) look like they will be incredible... One of the reasons I'm not bothered by all the repetitiveness of the games is because I love taking in the scenery while I play.

I wish I still got Game Informer magazine, but my subscription expired last month. :(

Another game I'm anxious for is L.A. Noire. That game looks like it will be pretty awesome as well.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: slapdashartist on May 26, 2011, 04:47:24 AM
Another game I'm anxious for is L.A. Noire. That game looks like it will be pretty awesome as well.

I plan on getting L.A. Noire as soon as my summer loans get here. I'm also looking forward to:

Skyrim
Catherine
Batman Arkham City
Infamous 2 (after I play the free infamous)
Mass Effect 3

Edit: I wasn't trying to 1up you.  :'(

slapdashartist

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on May 26, 2011, 05:00:56 AM
I plan on getting L.A. Noire as soon as my summer loans get here. I'm also looking forward to:

Skyrim
Catherine
Batman Arkham City
Infamous 2 (after I play the free infamous)
Mass Effect 3

Edit: I wasn't trying to 1up you.  :'(

No worrys!

I'm looking forward to Arkham City and Infamous also. I'm pretty curious what the new Tomb Raider is gonna be like too, but that doesn't come out until next year I think.

Willow

Well I play loads of free flash games with my sons, and we love World of Goo, which I have played to the end a few times.  I'm stuck on CIV IV even though we've got CIV V but I've not got into it yet.  Worms is an old favourite, but hubby avoids playing with me cos I always win.  Our older son just plays the tutorials over and over on Worms.
Like many others I'm a life long gamer.  Started out with BBC Micro playing Chuckie Egg and Pacman.  Spend my youth designing games with my bro.
Willow.

Sweetdeath

I have been a pretty avid gamer since I was 6, but even now I can't get into newer games x__x  My fav genres are Survival horror and rpgs. I'm a huge silent hill and resident evil fan. I'm currently playing the RE1 remake for gamecube and dynasty warriors 5 on ps2. I love my ps2 like crazy.

My fav rpgs are Thousand arms, star ocean 2, super mario rpg, and wild arms 1.

I also love Castlevania SOTN and Metal gear solid series.
Ah, I miss games of the 90's xD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

slapdashartist

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 27, 2011, 12:15:23 AM
and Metal gear solid series.

The 1st Metal Gear Solid (for PS1) is my all time favorite game! It was my first Playstation game (that and Spyro which I also love). I adore the entire series, but nothing will EVER beat that 1st one for me.

Sweetdeath

Ah, yes! I remember being in love with the Spyro series. Those games were deceptively difficult.

I remember when I first played MGS1 on ps1, and my heart racing when Psycho mantis knew I liked Castlevania! XD oh man, that was around the same year they came out with the vibrating controllers, so when that thing rumbled across my floor, I was in shock. Man, I miss the 90's! Lol <3 Nice to meet another old school gamer here btw.

-Sweetdeath
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.