News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrometheusRumiHuxley

Quote from: "missedtheboat"AHH! Video game thread!! I wish I had more time to play, but I do LOVE them! I've been playing the Dragon Age, haven't got the second one yet...seems like a blast though!!

Anyone final fantasy fans?
Final Fantasy fan here. I played VI (or III as it was called:) when I was... maybe 14? And was immediately transformed into an addict. FFVII I loved, X a bit, IX some, tactics quite a bit. I really liked the style of XII and got into that one more than the others after VII.

Dragon Age: Origins, also loved :)

joeactor

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Quote from: "joeactor"I got it on Steam, and have played a little.  Pretty good so far...
Did you get the whole game or the demo? The demo is the very beginning and then something somewhat later in the game, spliced together as if it were the regular progression. It's unfortunate because it goes from "here's how you pick something up, and here's how you open a door" to "HOLY CRAP INVISIBLE MONSTER JUMP FROM THIS BOX TO THAT BOX WITH A TIME LIMIT OMGWTFAKJSFLKAJSFLKAJFKJ".

:|

Could've been done a bit better. It's certainly got a very disturbing atmosphere, I'll say that, though.

... I got the whole game - that's wacked for a demo... poor design there.

oscarstrok

i don't play often, but when i do, my sessions last for half a day. i mostly play legend of zelda, super mario, sonic, halo and lots of japan related games

my favourite game has to be earthbound, its strange s it was never released in England, yet im a giant fan,i must thank SSB for that

xSilverPhinx

The Witcher is good because of its non linearity. I just sometimes lack the patience to develop the character.

I've just discovered that the multiplayer option for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is actually quite fun. Needless to say I might dream of that today.  :cool:

[youtube:2wkmhe56]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDLFtBvka4[/youtube:2wkmhe56]
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

PapistItalian16

I just pre-ordered Gears of War 3 for my 360. The Beta is pretty cool.

And I like to play a dice-based RPG game called RIFTS once a week with my brother and his friends. It is VERY nerdy. hahahaha. Anybody else ever heard of it or play it? It's kind of like Dungeons and Dragons except more complex and with a completely different setting and more complex rules.   
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

Davin

I've played Rifts from Paladium. I've also played their more D&D one which was pretty good too. I also liked their super hero version. So yes I have, unless there is a different Rifts.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

PapistItalian16

Quote from: Davin on May 04, 2011, 04:19:25 PM
I've played Rifts from Paladium. I've also played their more D&D one which was pretty good too. I also liked their super hero version. So yes I have, unless there is a different Rifts.

Nope, that is the same game. We play veriations of it, where we'll combine a lot of the different books.
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

history_geek

Whelp, Mass Effect 3 got delayed, and they've announced the arrival of the next Assassin's Creed. So that those are the most important news flashes, I guess....

And I got my copy of the Witcher 2 today. Now to get that computer I bought up and running....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: history_geek on May 18, 2011, 05:55:35 PM
Whelp, Mass Effect 3 got delayed, and they've announced the arrival of the next Assassin's Creed. So that those are the most important news flashes, I guess....

:o Excellent, I really want to know why Desmond had to do what he did at the end and what that was all about.

They sure know how to leave a good cliffhanger...

xSilverPhinx

The Black Jester

Just got The Witcher 2.

I sense time-wasting in the offing...in barrels-full.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

xSilverPhinx

I just discovered how easy it is to buy downloadable games online...good thing the US$ is devalued. ;D WAY cheaper. I just bought both Portal and Portal 2 for roughly half of what I've would've paid for both if I were to buy them in stores...

I was always phobic of typing my credit card number online...you never know who's watching.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 23, 2011, 03:11:22 AM
I was always phobic of typing my credit card number online...you never know who's watching.

You can get throw away prepaid credit cards, or just have a debit account with a low balance.  I don't have much confidence in companies keeping my information secure.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 23, 2011, 11:05:46 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 23, 2011, 03:11:22 AM

You can get throw away prepaid credit cards, or just have a debit account with a low balance.  I don't have much confidence in companies keeping my information secure.
I'm not sure you can get either of those things in the UK and I would like both to be available. If they were advertised I would get them like a shot.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 23, 2011, 01:00:03 PM
I'm not sure you can get either of those things in the UK and I would like both to be available. If they were advertised I would get them like a shot.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=prepaid+credit+card&btnG=Google+Search

Prepaid cards seem to be available over your way.

Localy banks will offer debit accounts, you get a visa card but it only draws on deposited funds, I keep about $300 in an account that I allow some billers access to, mostly I use Bpay or direct deposit.  I thought this stuff was the same all over.