News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

What kind of settings do you use when playing Crysis, Godless? That's a 'puter killer!
-Curio

Kevin

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike. - Delos B. McKown

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Godless

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"What kind of settings do you use when playing Crysis, Godless? That's a 'puter killer!

Quality: Very High
Resolution: 1920x1080
Anti-Aliasing: 4x
V-Sync: On

I still get low frame rate in specific areas, but overall my computer runs it pretty well. I actually have an ATI card, the Radeon 4870 X2, whereas Crysis is a game built for NVidia cards.

Quote from: "Kevin"I'm going to beat RE5 today :D

joeactor

How could I forget to list "Portal"?
Great game...

and Diablo III is coming:
[youtube:30bhxcsh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxkS_Md2nY[/youtube:30bhxcsh]

PipeBox

Quote from: "joeactor"How could I forget to list "Portal"?
Still Alive starts playing in head
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

joeactor

Quote from: "PipeBox"
Quote from: "joeactor"How could I forget to list "Portal"?
Still Alive starts playing in head

... anyone for some Cake:
[youtube:2dfmru8h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwoqVdZkefk[/youtube:2dfmru8h]

YouTube Crazy,
JoeActor

AlP

Haha I was going to select "Over 40 hours a week. If it were my job, I'd be getting benefits." in the poll. But I can't because it is my job! I just finished working on the Bourne Conspiracy and before that Darkwatch.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "AlP"Haha I was going to select "Over 40 hours a week. If it were my job, I'd be getting benefits." in the poll. But I can't because it is my job! I just finished working on the Bourne Conspiracy and before that Darkwatch.
We're gonna have to talk. ;)
-Curio

Kodanshi

Quote from: "Will"When it does happen, though, I'm serious. How serious? I play Starcraft. Against South Koreans. And I win quite often. I came up with a strategy about 10 years ago called the "scout rush", which people tend to have a lot of trouble with. I also have a knack for cannons.
Hot damn, that is SERIOUSLY impressive! :eek2:
[size=85]“I've been planning to end at 1 hp for years now.”[/size]

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Godless"Quality: Very High
Resolution: 1920x1080
Anti-Aliasing: 4x
V-Sync: On

I still get low frame rate in specific areas, but overall my computer runs it pretty well. I actually have an ATI card, the Radeon 4870 X2, whereas Crysis is a game built fr NVidia cards.

That... is nuts.  :blush:
-Curio

quizlixx

well let me read you my list of played games on my 360
(turns on 360 and tv, scrolls over, eyes begin to widen)

n plus
gta IV
dead space
fallout 3
mercs 2
madden 07
mx vs atv: untamed
gears of war
gears of war 2
fable 2
mirrors edge
the force unleashed
BIOSHOCK FTW
Hexic HD
Tony hawk: proving ground
elder scrolls IV: Oblivion ALSO FTW
The incredible hulk
Iron MAn(not proud of this one)
The orange Box
Bully
Frontlines:fuels of war
Overlord
Guitar hero 3
Halo 3
tony hawk project 8
WWE 2007
Civil war
marvel ultimate alliance
Transformers the game
NCAA 07
Test drive unlimited
pirates, at worlds end
Spiderman 3
gyruss
boom boom rocket
call of duty 3
lost planet

wow, i have been gone 4 a long time, when did we get this.   :hide2: ????
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

curiosityandthecat

I love Dead Space. I follow the art director on Twitter.  :D Since I'll (hopefully) be starting a Ph.D based around video games, I'm trying to get to know some of the people in the biz.
-Curio

AlP

QuoteI love Dead Space. I follow the art director on Twitter. :D Since I'll (hopefully) be starting a Ph.D based around video games, I'm trying to get to know some of the people in the biz.

I've worked as a video games programmer since 98. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "AlP"I've worked as a video games programmer since 98. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Actually, I've always been curious (I know, right?) about how one breaks into the business. I'm crap at design--photography is my area--and I can't program, but I've always wondered who does the story writing and scenario design. Thoughts?
-Curio

Kevin

Is Dead Space that good? When we rented RE5 my little brother also rented Dead Space (He plays it), but I haven't played it yet.

And for anyone who has xbox live:

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike. - Delos B. McKown

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha