News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Petrol head thread!!!

Started by billy rubin, October 29, 2019, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Being dead doesn't worry me, only the mode of transition.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

oh yes.

i also have agreements with my wife not to waste any time or energy on keeping me around if i flatline. i have no interest in life if i am somewhere else or nowhere, but i would prefer to save her from the decision by just tearing myself to bits on a racecourse somewhere.

interestingly, my 19 year old son has difficulties with this. when i was his age i was much more comfortable with death than he seems to be now.

anyway, the wife is of a different opinion, because she is a better quaker than me, and is perfectly happy to lie forever in a comatose state. i told her she wasnt getting the plug pulled so long as there was any brain activity and that has just pissed her off because she wants me to off her if she stops moving, i guess.

not happening.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

At 19 of course he is more interested in living than not living. At 19 he has many happy bridges to cross and ..........probably plenty of yokes to bear.