News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Got God Delusion

Started by Whitney, April 05, 2009, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I've read the God Delusion as well, but wasn't overly impressed. Dawkins brought up some interesting points, but there were none that I already knew before. Well written book, but I rather prefer to read a good SciFi story.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

maestroanth

ngdgdsjsgahaha

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "maestroanth"U r fucking stupid.............

You know, I'm still seeing too much flaming on this board. Maybe I should make 6  new posts about it?

Quote from: "maestroanth"unregister me for my response. i mean it, I'm done

Fine by me. I hope you follow up on this.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tom62

Quote from: "maestroanth"U r fucking stupid.............what does a god damn scifi story relate to his book, you defeat his entire purpose.  You brag on what you already "knew".

I'm agnostic, but god damn.

unregister me for my response. i mean it, I'm done

End.

I think you relate sci-fi to typlical god.

sry on my interpretation it sounded wierd.
sry fr braggin and bejng stupid  ;) .
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

McQ

Quote from: "maestroanth"
Quote from: "Tom62"I've read the God Delusion as well, but wasn't overly impressed. Dawkins brought up some interesting points, but there were none that I already knew before. Well written book, but I rather prefer to read a good SciFi story.

U r fucking stupid.............what does a god damn scifi story relate to his book, you defeat his entire purpose.  You brag on what you already "knew".

End.

:pop:

Stay tuned....
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

G.ENIGMA

Seems like a fitting place for this clever (if a little to long) God Delusion Test
( though it may deserve a thread of its own :D )

[youtube:2qbuu2qr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCX0JJ16dFM[/youtube:2qbuu2qr]

My Score +5
To those who are overly cautious, everything seems impossible.

Kodanshi

That was hilarious, but I love Edward Current anyway. I thought it sounded like him, hahaha.

My score: +5 as well, because I do believe that if you meditate on something deeply it CAN provide insights you wouldn’t ordinarily come to via normal dayâ€"toâ€"day thinking. But I don’t believe it comes from any sort of divine revelation.
[size=85]“I've been planning to end at 1 hp for years now.”[/size]

G.ENIGMA

Quote from: "Kodanshi"That was hilarious, but I love Edward Current anyway. I thought it sounded like him, hahaha.

My score: +5 as well, because I do believe that if you meditate on something deeply it CAN provide insights you wouldn’t ordinarily come to via normal dayâ€"toâ€"day thinking. But I don’t believe it comes from any sort of divine revelation.

thats where my +5 came from ..,
To those who are overly cautious, everything seems impossible.

Twiddler

Quote from: "maestroanth"
Quote from: "Tom62"I've read the God Delusion as well, but wasn't overly impressed. Dawkins brought up some interesting points, but there were none that I already knew before. Well written book, but I rather prefer to read a good SciFi story.

U r fucking stupid.............what does a god damn scifi story relate to his book, you defeat his entire purpose.  You brag on what you already "knew".

End.

Uhhh,  WTF?  Don't you have an extremely random thread that no one will understand to create or something?

About the book, I thought it was pretty good, although I can see how its definitely not for everyone as he's very blunt with, well ... everything.  The Blind Watchmaker was a good book too, although I now gag at the mention of a Biomorph, haha.

Ninteen45

Quote from: "G.ENIGMA"Seems like a fitting place for this clever (if a little to long) God Delusion Test
( though it may deserve a thread of its own :D
YOUTUBE
My Score +5

Posted that already. I'm still at 0.
Now I can be re-gognizod!

BadPoison

Quote from: "Whitney"I thought it was good but I only read it because my husband had bought it and a lot of theists were complaining about Dawkins being too harsh in it.  I did not think he was harsh or rude and it seemed like he was going out of his way to be non-offensive.  I kinda got tired of reading towards the end since it was meant to be read by theists and not people who were already convinced.  I like The Blind Watchmaker a lot better.
I completely agree. The Blind Watchmaker was a more enjoyable read for me.
At several points during The God Delusion I found myself thinking "Oh come on Richard, you can do better than that!"

BadPoison

I have not read Ancestor's Tale.
Maybe I'll pick it up!

Kodanshi

Definitely do. Utterly fascinating and very beautiful.
[size=85]“I've been planning to end at 1 hp for years now.”[/size]

maestroanth

Hey mods plz delete that post in a quote of mine.

McQ

Quote from: "maestroanth"Hey mods plz delete that post in a quote of mine.

I don't know what you're referring to, maestroanth. You need to be more clear in what you mean.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette