News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Jonas Brothers...wtf?

Started by Miss Anthrope, March 15, 2009, 07:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "4DeepThought2"I left Family Guy for South Park. There has never been an episode where I haven't laughed out loud. It is a shame most people view it as a show that involves only swearing and dirty mouths, as someone said above, it is spot on with social commentary.

I watch both.

I wouldn't even know who the Jonas Brothers are if it were not for the South Park episode...now their making fun of the foam makes more sense (I originally thought they were just going over the top to make a humorous point).

So did i. Now i know the reason for the foam gag, it makes it even more funny :)

I love Matt and Trey. They don't compromise and because of this, make hilariously funny stuff.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

maestroanth

F

ACSlater

Quote from: "Miss Anthrope"So, last night I took my little sister and her friend to see that 3D Jonas Brothers movie. It was pretty painful, especially once my initial awe at the cool 3D effects (first 3D film I've seen, and I have to say the effect was more um, effective than I imagined). Anyway, I didn't know anything about the Jonas brothers aside from a few snippets I've picked up here and there, most notably their "purity rings". So I was pretty shocked during a scene in which they douse the audience with white foam from firehoses held from crotch level. Actually, that was the most entertaining part for me, not in a perverted way, just becasue I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

A few hours ago I just found out that the new season of South Park has started, and I promptly went to the South Park website to catch the season premiere.
And how awesome is it that the episode lampooned the Jonas Brothers/Disney? What perfect freakin' timing, and the episode, of course, brought up the white foam, among other things. I highly recommend you check it out, it was great.

The turn-around for South Park is amazing! I saw that episode and just lost it. Parker/Stone are pretty much geniuses in what they do.