News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

75 Year-Old Saudi Woman Punished for "Mingling"

Started by Godless, March 11, 2009, 02:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godless

I just read this article today: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29601858/ and it is just completely ridiculous. That is just radical Islam at its finest...

MikeyV

I read that today. Absolutely vile.

Aren't you glad we consider the Saudis friends?

I so wish we would cease all financial dealings with governments that don't give a shit about their people.

I hope we get off oil soon. These countries will go back to having and being nothing, as it should be. Hopefully, after the oil revenues are gone, the people will revolt against such a disgusting regime.

Ah, one can dream, eh?
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

karadan

Quote from: "MikeyV"I read that today. Absolutely vile.

Aren't you glad we consider the Saudis friends?

I so wish we would cease all financial dealings with governments that don't give a shit about their people.

I hope we get off oil soon. These countries will go back to having and being nothing, as it should be. Hopefully, after the oil revenues are gone, the people will revolt against such a disgusting regime.

Ah, one can dream, eh?

If Dubai is anything to go by, they will find ways to invest their massive amounts of cash intelligently so that they can carry on their current way of life.

40 lashes is a death sentence by the way. It is very rare anyone can survive something like that. After 40 lashes, your back and legs are pulped like paper mache. Of course these hard-line clerics know this. If she dies, then Allah willed it, of course.

:brick:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

This further validates my decision to never enter any of those backward, uncivilised barbarian countries.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

karadan

Quote from: "SSY"This further validates my decision to never enter any of those backward, uncivilised barbarian countries.

Indeed. I had a school friend who used to live in Saudi. Her father worked for an oil company and they lived on a special compound for over-seas workers. Inside the compound was basically western. You were allowed to wear bikinis, watch western films and drink beer. If you ventured on the outside though, you were subject to their rules and regulations.

My friend came back to school after the holidays once and told me how she had gone shopping with her parents in a nearby town. Someone she walked past deemed her attire to be 'too western' (you could see her ankles below the hem of her bhurka) and started to hit her with a walking stick. He tried to drag her away whilst screaming some kind of religious bullshit. Her father, being a large ex-military guy, quickly subdued this older ranting man but from the sounds of it, had they not been close to their car, would have been overwhelmed by the locals. The bruises on the backs of her legs were testament to how hard this guy was hitting her. They left that shit-hole the following week after 'diplomatic' negotiations with the local government. The crazy bastards wanted to punish her entire family for man-handling what turned out to be a muslim cleric. It made the local news over here.

I have utterly no desire to visit a country so hard line that they defend old men beating up 15 year old girls.

I went to a boarding school by the way, for anyone wondering what someone living in Saudi was doing going to school in the UK :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.