News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Atheists, come on, really, stop and think for a minute..

Started by Psalm23, March 04, 2009, 02:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Quote from: "Will"Enough. Act like adults.
They are. Where do you think children learn it from?  :lol:

I'm done feeding the troll.

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

joeactor

I dunno... this whole conversation makes me kind of sad.

Psalm23, I'm speaking to you, as one human to another.

I don't believe as you do - can you accept that?

Can you accept me for myself, even if I am very differnt from you?

If so, then I invite you to walk a bit in my shoes.
Open your mind and soul to other possibilities.
I know it's scary - I've been through it myself.
For me, the alternative was much worse - a life where I had to ignore the world around me in order to live in a comfortable, known state.  A state where others shaped my world views for me.  For some, that's heaven.  For me, it's hell.

So, why am I sad?
I think I see where this is headed.
You'll keep preaching without listening, or even pausing to consider other human views.
Then you'll be banned from the forum.

But that's not the sad part.

The sad part is you will leave gladly, claiming some hollow "victory" over the non-believers.
"They couldn't handle the REAL TRUTH!  So they banned me - no loss for me... only for their eternal souls".

Now, I could be completely offbase with te above.  I freely admit I have been wrong in the past, and may be wrong now.

So I invite you to show me something we haven't seen yet.

Show me your soul.  Your humanity.  Your willingness to open to other humans around you.

Or not.

The choice (as always) is yours.

Peace,
JoeActor

Sophus

My hat's off to you Joe. But I think you'll be disappointed in the response you get. Then again, who knows, maybe Psalm isn't a troll after all.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Psalm23

Quote from: "joeactor"I dunno... this whole conversation makes me kind of sad.

Psalm23, I'm speaking to you, as one human to another.

I don't believe as you do - can you accept that?
I can't accept that. For some unknown reason.. the very thought of atheists makes me angry. God blessed us with life, and atheists deny that. I can tell you what is sad, but you don't believe it.
Jesus said, "If you reject me, I will reject you in front of the Father.."

QuoteCan you accept me for myself, even if I am very differnt from you?

If so, then I invite you to walk a bit in my shoes.
Open your mind and soul to other possibilities.
I know it's scary - I've been through it myself.
For me, the alternative was much worse - a life where I had to ignore the world around me in order to live in a comfortable, known state.  A state where others shaped my world views for me.  For some, that's heaven.  For me, it's hell.
So, in other words, you are telling me to stray away from God? Is this the message atheists are teaching? Sounds like Satan to me. Do you ever notice atheists never once claim; "Satan doesn't exist!" it's always God, Jesus or Mary. Never Satan...

QuoteSo, why am I sad?
I think I see where this is headed.
You'll keep preaching without listening, or even pausing to consider other human views.
Then you'll be banned from the forum.
well, first off, I'm not preaching.. I am debating the existence of God. I mean, afterall, that is the reason for the "Religion" section, right?

QuoteBut that's not the sad part.

The sad part is you will leave gladly, claiming some hollow "victory" over the non-believers.
I already claimed victory when I was saved through the Body and Blood of Christ Jesus..

Quote"They couldn't handle the REAL TRUTH!  So they banned me
I know I will be banned.. wanna know how? Because Jesus said so.. that's how I know. "You will be rejected because of my name".
"Wash me clean, set me free, hold me closer, cover me" - David Crowder - My Hope

maestroanth

F

Whitney

Psalm23,

Scroll up and look under JoeActor's sceen name on the right.  Please take note that he is not an athiest.  Maes, who posted right above me, is also not an atheist.  That's what I was trying to convey in my previous post, not everyone who disagrees with you here is an atheist...we have agnostic and deist members too.

Sophus

QuoteFor some unknown reason.. the very thought of atheists makes me angry.

Here's the reason why: It's called an enlarged egotism. Normally I find this a respectable quality in someone (I'm weird), but not when the egotism says I'm morally superior than you. That would require humility.

If we anger you so much, I suggest you do yourself a favor and avoid the stressor. Leave the forum. Hate atheists from a distance.

JoeActor - one hates to say I told you so.  If it make you feel better, Psalm is probably just a teeny bopper who just found Jesus and thinks they now know the answer to everything.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Psalm23"For some unknown reason.. the very thought of atheists makes me angry.
Thank you for finally admitting you have no intention of being accepting of others as human beings with a right to believe as they will.

Whitney

I'm not going to ban Psalm23 yet, we've had a couple private exchanges that went smoothly enough...I would like to see that sort of smooth exchange in the public threads.

Everyone, from this point on, do not respond rudely to Psalm23 in this thread.  If there is a problem, just report it.  I think that will help to correct the tone of this thread and let him/her see first hand that we are not what s/he thinks we are.

That said...

Psalm23, thanks for agreeing to make an effort to engage us in a more friendly manner.  I don't like banning people and hope that you are able to figure out how to control your anger towards us.

Lilbeth

I, for one, never wanted to see anyone get banned.....Either engage with someone or don't, but banning someone leaves us all here as same, mostly....I don't always like to preach to the chorus....LOL!

Lilbeth

OK, I don't stereotype all religious people, either...I take each religious person as their own individual, at first, too....like color, age and sex and take it from there....Sometimes, I find I have more in common with a religious person,, than a non religious person when discussing other things,....It just depends on each and every individual.....

RickaRicka

I know this thread died a few days ago, but I came across it and wanted to ask a question.

Why do atheist make believers angry? Why does our lack of belief bother you so much?

To be honest, I don't get why there is such a negative connotation to being an atheist. Since I decided that I was an atheist I've never been happier. Knowing that there is nothing after I die makes me life my life to the fullest and enjoy every second I'm alive. It's amazing to live free of the weight of religion.

VanReal

Quote from: "RickaRicka"I know this thread died a few days ago, but I came across it and wanted to ask a question.

Why do atheist make believers angry? Why does our lack of belief bother you so much?

To be honest, I don't get why there is such a negative connotation to being an atheist. Since I decided that I was an atheist I've never been happier. Knowing that there is nothing after I die makes me life my life to the fullest and enjoy every second I'm alive. It's amazing to live free of the weight of religion.

That's it right there.  How dare you be happy while disowning god!  :P
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Kodanshi

Quote from: "Lilbeth"In the little clip posted here, I did hear O'Reilly say he needed his religion to keep him good or something.

Yeeeees… It always disturbs me when you get the impression that people would turn into massâ€"murdering rampant maniacs if they didn’t have the threat of god’s punishment hanging over their heads. I consider a person who thinks about stuff like that and decides against it because they deem it wrong MORE moral than a religious person who only stays good because god tells them to OR ELSE!
[size=85]“I've been planning to end at 1 hp for years now.”[/size]

maestroanth

F