News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Most Hated Family in America

Started by Godless, March 01, 2009, 02:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Will"I honestly think the line is actually attempting murder. If the nutters from Westboro actually attempted to harm a homosexual, that's when they'd go from similar to dissimilar from many other theists in my mind. Suicide bombers and zealots are the others, those separate people that cannot be lumped in. Before the cowardly ignorance turns to making good on the threats, it's just saber rattling; fear causing anger, anger causing hate. It's when that hatred leads to suffering that I'm talking about.

You are correct in that (as far as we know) they have not taken a life in the form of murder. I have a hard time separating them from the "separate people that cannot be lumped in" because, while they may not have taken a life, it seems that in a major way they have taken the life from all of the children in their cult. Those children would not stand a chance even if they were to escape that atmosphere. The young girl said something along the lines of, "who would want to ever marry me" and "who would want to be friends with someone like me?" What I saw in those children, which I also saw in many of the abused children I used to work with, was the effects of being raised in a completely abusive atmosphere. Those children have the cult's beliefs  so ingrained in them that I would believe that even if the government were able to take those kids from that setting, there would be little to no hope of them ever living what could be considered to be a normal and happy life. The fact is, I had some horrible thoughts about the adults in this video which I don't feel comfortable even thinking, let alone writing down. There are few things which can bring on such a rage inside me, and the severe abuse of a child is one of those things. I believe that is exactly what is being allowed to happen here, under the guise of religion. They hate America so much? They should be thanking their god that they are in America right now, because there are few places in the world which would be so tolerant of their message. One of the few places that would actually protect them while they spew their hateful bile over their country. The exact thing which it seems to me that they are protesting (freedom) is the only thing allowing them to preach their message of hate, and allowing them to continue freely abusing their children. People who essentially ruin a child's chance at a normal life are right down there with murderers as the lowest forms of humanity, in my humble opinion, because it's the children who suffer.

Quote from: "karadan"When Louis asked one of the kids "what is a fag" he was, of course, unable to answer. The mother had to interject and speak for her son. It was all very saddening.

Yes, that was horrible. Also those children are being put on busy streetcorners, in harm's way, for a cause which they cannot possibly fully understand. The fact that they do that at funerals where emotions run deep and people may not always act fully rational, is even more worriesome. I will not be surprised when I hear a news report about some person retaliating against the family with violence. I think the odds are, it will be one of the children who is at the receiving end of it. My heart will break for the child, as it already is, and yet I will still feel nothing but contempt for the adults who put the children in harm's way.

nsfw: [spoiler:2h3c3ldp][/spoiler:2h3c3ldp]

Alright, I have to go calm down now. These people really have me angry.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.