News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Is this wrong?

Started by teyla, February 18, 2009, 12:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teyla

QuoteNo, just ask the administrator for permission, off hand, to record lectures.

I would like to give the teacher a chance, if it continues after today I will try that.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

[size=50]buddha[/size]

SallyMutant

It boggles my mind that  someone like this teacher winds up studying science, gets a degree in biology, and  feels a calling to teach science to  kids, then spews anti science nonsense. This  reminds me of when I was in  Jr. Hi science  (early 70's) and the teacher had an open question session. I asked "What's the deal  with ghosts?" I was shocked when, instead of citing science to debunk the paranormal, or using some  unanswered questions of science to discuss the paranormal, he immediately quoted some new testament chapter and verse thing that said people could not come back as ghosts. At that time thought "What kind of science teacher is this?"
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "teyla"My Biology teacher started on the subject of Evolution the other day.
I am surprised they would even bring it up, but anyways.
I don't care if any of the other kids say anything about evolution, that does not bother me. But my teacher,
 she refers to evolution as a "myth" and has stated openly that what she is teaching is not true in the least.
I really wont to say, "keep your biased F&#(ing opinions to yourself".
but i can't!  :rant:
I am thinking she is required to teach some of it.

I would seriously consider going to some sort of administrator about this.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.