News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Phelps "Apoligizes" for smoking pot

Started by Stoicheion, February 12, 2009, 08:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoicheion

Of course it was his publicists that made him apologize. If he felt bad about it, why would he be doing it recreationally at a party? Here's a link to the thread i did a few months ago about Mary Jane
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2002

so that covers what i think about it

I figure that they said to him : Say you're sorry, or forfeit the Olympics. I probably would have done the same thing... but there's so many things wrong with that. Why not just start a new campaign fighting for the truth about the herb? He has the fame to get the attention for it.
[size=85]So why does there only have to be one correct philosophy?
I don't wanna go and follow you just to end up like one of them
And why are you always telling me what you want me to believe?
I'd like to think that I can go my own way and meet you in the end
Go my own way and meet you in the end
"Same Direction" - Hoobastank
[/size]

Will

Statistically, most people have smoked pot at one time or another in their life. I'm still surprised at how much attention this got. Obama smoked pot. Bush smoked pot. So did most of the US's founding fathers, for that matter.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Ihateyoumike

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.

* Carl Sagan
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Whitney

We were talking about this at work and no one seemed to think it was bad that Phelps was smoking pot.  Of course, people in my field of work tend to like to smoke pot for some reason too...maybe it sparks their creativity.  So, 'we' might have all been a bit biased.  Personally, I tried it once, got really sick and haven't wanted to try it again since then.

SallyMutant

When gifted athletes admit to pot use it just impresses me. This guy takes a toke once in a while and his lungs are still  great for swimming.
Pot is not a performance-enhancing drug. So it's not like he's a cheater in any way .
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

verybigv

Oh well, I guess I'll have to apologize too. I'M SORRY...80,000 times.And here's  another I'M SORRY for the next 80,000.

Recusant

Quote from: "SallyMutant"Pot is not a performance-enhancing drug.

I'm not sure that this is entirely correct, since cannabis is a known vasodilator.  It also is a vasoconstrictor in some tissues, so the overall effect is ambiguous.  At any rate, it is a banned substance according to the IOC; whether this has basis in politics or medicine is debatable.   I don't think it belongs on the list, but I'm biased. :cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Rev.RonnieReynolds

Blaze on Michael.
He's smoking doja not raping babies, what's the problem here?