News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Beauty in the Universe

Started by PipeBox, October 12, 2008, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyMutant

I'm surpised that I don't see more discussion of Gaeia (sp?) Theory. Some believe that the earth is a unified living organism, some believe that  the earth might be a unified living organism with some sort of conciousness.
I don't, but when I see natural beauty, I can understand such a position and wish I could thank something.
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

liveyoungdiefast

I always find beauty in the Earth and the universe. Personally I think the idea that we are all just boarding on a tiny piece of matter orbiting an insignificant spark inside of another insignificant spark in a vastly infinite universe is a wonderfully fascinating idea.

I was thinking about just how great nature is a few nights ago when sea fog was blanketing the city around sunset, it looked so amazing. And I never feel the urge to think things like it was created for me to see. It's just there because it's there, that's good enough for me.