News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

For the Christians

Started by Miss Anthrope, February 05, 2009, 01:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Anthrope

While watching clips of "Wonder Shozen: Kid's Show" on Spike TV's website, I noticed some videos by a user entitled "Christian Lies", by a Christian, and out of curiosity I checked some out. I wish more Christians interpreted the Bible like this guy, he steers away from legalism (doesn't take to all the self-loathing, doesn't think Halloween is "the devil's holiday", doesn't believe that Christian morals are the only valid ones, etc).

Nothing anyone says is going to make me suddenly embrace the Bible or religion, but he does make the whole thing seem a little more appealing, or rather, not as unappealing as many other Christians do. I felt like he was a Christian I wouldn't mind hanging out with, which is more than I can say for many of the ones I've known. From my own experience with a few different churches, I can't help but think that this guy has a hard time finding a church where he can "fit in" for very long.

Here's a link to his site, legalistic Christians should take note of some of the things this guy points out.  http://www.GreatChristianLife.com

Atheists who automatically get turned off when the Bible is being quoted, since its a very contradictory book when taken as a whole, might not want to bother.
This one's for the Christians, becasue I'd rather see more of them become more moderate than make efforts to tear theri faith appart.
How big is the smallest fish in the pond? You catch one hundred fishes, all
of which are greater than six inches. Does this evidence support the hypothesis
that no fish in the pond is much less than six inches long? Not if your
net can’t catch smaller fish. -Nick Bostrom