News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Spokane, WA - Spokane Secularists Meetup

Started by Chimera, February 04, 2009, 12:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimera

For anyone in the Spokane, WA - Coeur d'Alene, ID areas!

We're shaking things up a bit this month! For February, we're holding a joint meeting with the Inland Northwest Freethought Society. This will be a good chance for us to meet a large group of other local atheists and freethinkers.

In celebration of Darwin Day, the INFS has arranged for Dr. Carol Anelli to speak at the meeting. Dr. Anelli teaches entomology, and heads up the honors biology program at WSU.

Note that this will be a full official meeting for both the INFS, and since we're they're guests, we'll be following their meeting structure. There is also a large likelihood that a meeting room will be reserved for a finite amount of time, so a protracted discussion afterward may not be possible. That said, we can always move out to the main restaurant and continue there.

While children can come to this event, it may be fairly boring for them, so it's suggested that parents either find a sitter or pass this one up (sorry!).

And since this is a restaurant, we will be foregoing our usual potluck.

This should be a fun and informative meeting, so do your best to make it.

Percy's Café Americana
10502 E Sprague Ave
Spokane, WA 99206

http://www.meetup.com/spokanesecularists/
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman