News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Recent religious views.

Started by thePianoMan, January 31, 2009, 08:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thePianoMan

Hi, I'm obviously new here. My name is Jared. I am  a musician and I am also into criminal justice/law. I'm a freshman in college and am 19 years old. Ben (Kiros) told me about this site.

I grew up as a Lutheran. My family wasn't very religious but I still considered myself a Christian. I even became one of my church's musicians. When I went off to college, I didn't have any friends here. I started going to a campus worship group called Chi Alpha, which is supported by the Assembly of God church, and it was very evangelical. As I continued to go to their worships, I began to realize how things were. Everything in religion became a contradiction and an excuse.

I don't know what I consider my religious views to be anymore. I think I'm nearly atheist, but not so much that I would refuse to go to church or anything. I kind of what to keep church music as a secondary job or something, especially since organist are in kind of high demand.

This site looks like a good place, so hopefully I'll stick around here.
Jared

Ihateyoumike

Welcome Jared. Thank you for the introduction. I'm sure you'll find this forum as informative and entertaining as I have. There are some really good people on this site.  :banna:
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"Welcome Jared. Thank you for the introduction. I'm sure you'll find this forum as informative and entertaining as I have. There are some really good people on this site.  :devil:

I kid, I kid. As for playing music in church to make some extra cash, I say do it. Religion makes untold amounts of money from the poor and ignorant; why shouldn't intelligent entrepreneurs turn the tables a bit?  :D Welcome.

Most of us felt like this when we found HAF:

I'm sure you will, too.
-Curio

Kiros

Sweet, man. Participate in some discussions! I command it!

I'd do an evil laugh, although I'm busy choking on a cheerio. For real... This is the worst ._.
Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.

Chimera

Hello from another former Lutheran! Welcome to the site.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman