News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Atheists should be treated like trolls...

Started by karadan, January 22, 2009, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loffler

Quote from: "VanReal"I don't believe all publicity is good publicity.  Although to us they are stupid to the masses watching that aren't non-believers they are just getting confirmation for what they already think/feel.
The orthodox are reassured. The marginal are not. That's who I am concerned about: the believers on the fence.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Wraitchel"OMFG! Ignore and ridicule us as a means of keeping us in our place?! F'ing F! I really believe that they are digging their own tiny, narrow minded holes to be buried in. Fucking flat-earthers!

Yeah, what Wraitchel said.  :-)

I do feel physically sick when I see that kind of nauseating crap.  That the best way to "deal with atheists" is to ridicule and ignore us?  What are we, in 3rd grade universally?  And yes, they DID use a commandment to make their point because the only thing those people will listen to is their bible.  Why is universal peace so threatening to these people?  <insert soul-shattering scream here>
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Miss Anthrope

Quote from: "rlrose328"Why is universal peace so threatening to these people?  <insert soul-shattering scream here>

I can't speak for all of them, but many believe that "peace on earth" is equivalent to the One-World System that will foreshadow Armageddon. Ironically, they'll "fight" attmpts at this system coming to fruition, even though it's a prophetic inevitability to them :hmm:

I remember when i was a young teen and went to church, around the time they started changing the design of some of our currency, and there was a tract about how these re-designs were evidence of the one-world money system coming to fruition. Aside from the fact that a redesigned bill has nothing to with such a thing, being a coin collector at the time I wondered if the same conclusions were drawn from the laying to rest of the Buffalo Head Nickel, the wheat penny, the two dollar bill, etc. Our currency has gone through so many changes.
How big is the smallest fish in the pond? You catch one hundred fishes, all
of which are greater than six inches. Does this evidence support the hypothesis
that no fish in the pond is much less than six inches long? Not if your
net can’t catch smaller fish. -Nick Bostrom

minstrelofc

As a Christian, I think it's hilarious that she kept objecting to the sign being replaced with "Thou shalt not steal".

Yes, how dare someone post a Bible verse in a public place...    :crazy:

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "minstrelofc"As a Christian, I think it's hilarious that she kept objecting to the sign being replaced with "Thou shalt not steal".

Yes, how dare someone post a Bible verse in a public place...    :crazy:
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

minstrelofc

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"And the best part? Not once did I hear them mention that the act of stealing the sign was, in itself, stealing and is wrong according to the sign that would replaced it.

Apparently, putting up a message of doubt is so much worse that it overshadows that commandment.

I don't get it.  :crazy:

This is very true. *sigh* People get so wrapped up inside their heads sometimes.

In a side note, that's actually one of the reasons I'm glad to be a Christian - because people *suck* SO much - and the Bible provides a very good structure for improvement.... - it's unfortunate that so few people see and follow it though, they're often much to busy trying to enforce "thou shalt not"s onto people they have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to.

Hmm - that actually gives me an idea... I'll have to take note of it as a prayer item.

Sophus

I may vomit....

They have mastered the art of stereotyping people. How insane is it that they talk about how awful the atheists are and don't even touch on talking about the actual criminal who stole the sign?  Uh... hello? Since when, in America, is one exercising their freedom of speech worse than theft?

I also get frustrated when theists don't recognize a quasi-religious statement as well. They say don't use it if you don't believe in it ("thou shalt not steal"). Well, I do believe stealing is wrong. I just don't believe in a magical man who can walk on water. In addition, that particular statement was to show their hypocrisy. If you're going to preach stealing is wrong, why would you steal? I suppose anything is justified in the name of the Lord. From killing your firstborn child to stealing a sign.

Ridiculously maddening, yet humorous at the same time.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver