News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 13, 2023, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 12, 2023, 04:35:51 AMBilly, I applaud your choice of a first ballet to see. I've seen The Firebird three times in various places and I am overwhelmed every time. Please make the effort to attend a performance. Nothing can compare with the experience of feeling the music in your gut. Speaking of Stravinsky, I've also seen The Rite of Spring a number of time as well. The weirdest was probably a performance in Amsterdam, where there was practically no set apart from creative lighting and with the dancers dressed in gym outfits. The orchestra played marvellously, though.

im a long way from any ballet cpmpannies. pittsbirgh is only 80 miles though. ill keep my eyes out

on le sacre du printemps, i dont see how any production could fail to be weird, given the subject matter

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

ravel and debussey were there in 1913?

i had no idea

i have to see the ballet. ive never even seen the rite of spring actually performed, only recordings

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

The 'Smo is in the mood for some meme music.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 31, 2023, 01:16:21 AMravel and debussey were there in 1913?

i had no idea

i have to see the ballet. ive never even seen the rite of spring actually performed, only recordings

It should be on your bucket list, along with L'Oiseau De Feu.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i dont hAve a bucket list.

exvept for 140 mph.

maybe i should put one together.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i saw joe cocker and greaseband during my first acid trip. long, long ago in a galaxy far away.

even then, he'd been around the block more than i ever would. whatever he was, joe cocker was 100 percent a legend. he was like joplin-- if he had any energy left at the end of a performance, it wasn't through lack of trying.

what a life.

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 01, 2023, 04:06:20 AMIt should be on your bucket list, along with L'Oiseau De Feu.

maybe i should do exactly that.

im running out of time

billy rubin

billy rubin

Anne D.

We laugh, we laugh, we laugh. Missing Mags.

Anne D.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Anne D.

Joan Baez has such an awesome voice.

hermes2015

It's such fun to discover composers and performers one has never heard before. This is Hania Rani, who is both composer and performer. I can't wait to to explore her work further.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin