News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

he was amazing. his style of playing was very unusual. watch his hands. hes fingering the guitar strings with both hands simultaneously.

he died without any money. his recording company, wyndham hill , assembled an album out of unreleased music and directed the proceeds to his two young sons.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

i am without shame. i like this

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

^ Morricone stuff among my favorites.

Anne D.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

clint eastwood still owns that brown poncho

Icarus

Asmodean

It's grim, but I remember liking it quite a lot. It's the reason Chi Mai ended up on my instrumental playlist before I even had an actual playlist.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

One of my favorite singers will never make it to Carnegie Hall.  But he is funny. On my side politially as well.

Asmodean

Ugh. To me, he sounds like a cat being strangled. Still, I think he actually tries to do just that intentionally. No idea who he's dissing though, so can't really comment on the lyrics. Speaking (though broadly) of this genre;

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

A ballet choreographed by Maurice Béjart, with music by the wonderful Mikis Theodorakis.

I am smitten by the dancer with long hair, dancing solo from 2:40 to 7:19 and again at 25:05 to 28:08. My knees turn to jelly when I watch him.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

been spending weeks now, re-visiting.

krautrock, from a long time ago, many forks in the road back.

hermes2015

Natalie Dessay sings the Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 composed by Heitor Villa-Lobos.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames