News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I find Castles among his most inspiring (but for the chorus... Those are Tom's largest point-of-miss with me), but This House, I'm Sorry and No Response are heaviest-rotation.

I like Names for the message and the subtle rock theme to the beat, but it's still very new, so not sure if it will grow on me or if the chorus will drive me away.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2022, 08:14:44 AMWhite man's rap.  :snicker:
It's not, though. Rap, that is. Tom Macdonald a post above does rap.

This is... Something in the Country/Western family, but it's still fun, so what does it matter, I suppose.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Rap utilises different lyrical techniques.

A singer attempts to hit certain notes to conform his voice to the melody - or "play" a melody with his voice.

A rapper conforms his speaking to the flow - or attempts to create a flow through rhyme and rhythm, rather than hitting notes.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on August 05, 2022, 08:46:33 AMRap utilises different lyrical techniques.

A singer attempts to hit certain notes to conform his voice to the melody - or "play" a melody with his voice.

A rapper conforms his speaking to the flow - or attempts to create a flow through rhyme and rhythm, rather than hitting notes.

I was pointing out that No One hates Rap music. Country music is White Man's Rap.  :D

Asmodean

Oh! I never seem to catch the more race-baity sort of metaphor.

Is No-one huwhite though?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

In catchy-Swedish-stuff mood today.

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on August 05, 2022, 09:52:20 AMOh! I never seem to catch the more race-baity sort of metaphor.

Is No-one huwhite though?

Well his avatar is but he could be blue for all I know!  ;D

Asmodean

Well, The Asmo is gray, which is achromatic, what with being a blend ow huwhite and black, so technically, I suppose it means He hath no colour. although equally technically, that would mean that nobody huwhite or black does, either.

Come to think of it, CMY can produce black. RGB can produce white. The only way to produce gray is by lightening black, or darkening white. The Asmo is so totally the uniquest-est of all achromatic beings!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Asmodean

...So I generally don't like Tom Macdonald's choruses. That got me thinking; is there a artist out there, whose choruses I like better than the rest of their lyrics? (On average)

Aaand... Moonspell. Portugese Gothic (give-or-take) Metal.

A little harder-hitting one for those who appreciate such;

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

i first heard a studio recording of hedges playing this some forty plus yeares ago. i stopped what i was doing and just lisened.

every time i hear it again i still stop just to listen.

headges has been dead over twenty five years, but this connectionm will aways be there.

and he never took himself seriously, ever. go to 7:00 to hear an iron butterfly riff he just threw in for fun

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Thanks. I've never heard of Michael Hedges. To my untrained ears his playing seems to be on a par with classical guitarists like John Williams or David Russell.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames