News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: No one on December 15, 2016, 12:13:46 AM
I like Jackson Brown's the best.

He's good - we've seen him in concert a couple times.

I like Warren Zevon's version as well.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

The Asmo approves of Ane Brun. He likes The Light From One especially.

Today though, He is all Christmas-y;

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Oh, man!
I hear this song at the parties, and I just gots to...

You know what I mean?  :smilenod:
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Something on the housetop. It sounds like, click, click, click.

Biggus Dickus

In honour of our dear xSP I give you all:

Elis Regina, Águas de Março

English Translation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Since it is Christmas, here's one of my favorite songs as a boy, along with one of my all-time favorite artists (D. Bowie), the other bloke isn't bad either.

I remember watching this live for the first time on the TV as a small child, surprisingly more familiar at the time with Bing Crosby than I was with the music of David Bowie...sort of ironic I suppose.

I suppose at this time of year more than others I'm even more of a sentimentalist, and it's the music more than anything that draws outs the memories of days long gone. I pay for it though, dwelling on Christmas's past,... thoughts of Father, Mother, Grandpa and Nanna...if you really allow these memories to revisit you'll find along with the cherished thoughts which come pouring in the grief and loss and days never to be again will also visit upon one's mind.
Oscar Wilde said it best I suppose:

My Grandparents decorated their home for the holidays in a manner that my memories tell me is unmatched by anyone today, the tree with it's soft lights, candles lit throughout the home, wreaths and buntings of fresh cut pine and fir, garlands of berries, glass ornaments shaped as icicles hanging from the archways...but my favorite article and decoration in their home was the small and ancient military drum my Grandfather would place at the base of the tree each year as decoration. To my child's mind it begged to be played, but it's age, and surely the temperament and sanity of my grandparents meant it was only to be looked at and never touched.
It was somewhat similar to this one in shape and size, though it had a more American graphic:

Anyway, Little Drummer Boy. Merry Christmas.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

This is my world!
Oh, you took a wrong turn!
Now you're stuck in my world!
Trust me, this gonna hurt!
Fire it up, and watch it burn!
This is my world!

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Some chicken that just crossed the road.

Dave

The Sound of Silence

Grest song!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

I never liked this song, but I like the way this kid sings it.  :dance1:

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on December 31, 2016, 01:19:21 PM
The Sound of Silence

Grest song!

**Disturbed cover**
Great cover of a mediocre song, I'd call it.

Speaking of,

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 01, 2017, 08:23:23 AM
I never liked this song, but I like the way this kid sings it.  :dance1:

I enjoy Twenty One Pilots music...their performance on SNL recently was one of the best performances on that show in quite some time.
My son was surprised to come home one day to find I had their music playing quite loudly on the stereo...anyway I like this cover Miss Magdalena thanks for sharing, Tyler has a good voice. I sent a copy to my son to listen, and he said he and his friends really enjoyed it.

Quote from: Asmodean on January 01, 2017, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on December 31, 2016, 01:19:21 PM
The Sound of Silence

Grest song!

**Disturbed cover**
Great cover of a mediocre song, I'd call it.

Speaking of,

I imagine if Adolf Hitler had had a son this would be the type of music he would listen too.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."