News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I opened a Pandora account and made a station featuring Siouxsie and the Banshees, Die Krupps, and Christian Death.  Hours of entertainment.  Although they are quick to slip back to mainstream - I've been getting more KMFDM, Smiths and Rammstein than anything else.

OldGit

Who are all these people?  Are they musicians?  I'm getting confused ... quick, Nursie!

Crow

Get the man a whiskey and lemon stat!
Retired member.

Pasta Chick

OldGit

Aaah, that's better!  Thank you, PC. ;D

Essie Mae

Ole Blue Eyes, just for a change.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

OldGit

Tchaikovsky, the waltz from swan lake, on the radio.  Not my favourite, but reasonably easy on the ear.

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 10, 2014, 10:32:33 PM
I opened a Pandora account and made a station featuring Siouxsie and the Banshees, Die Krupps, and Christian Death.  Hours of entertainment.  Although they are quick to slip back to mainstream - I've been getting more KMFDM, Smiths and Rammstein than anything else.
I just discovered Rammstein, and you know what? I think I like them. I've been repeating over and over Rrrrrrrrrram-stein, and Du--du Hast--Du Hast mich.  ;D I heard about them here for the first time, so thanks.  :-* My 3 year-old boy does the invisible guitar when he hears them, it's hilarious.  :D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

^ That's why I love these topics.  If you really like Rammstien, I would check out Die Krupps.  They are why my station keeps playing Rammstien.  I find them a little more interesting - I love Rammstein, but after a few tracks all their songs start to sound the same to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 17, 2014, 06:45:09 PM
^ That's why I love these topics.  If you really like Rammstien, I would check out Die Krupps.  They are why my station keeps playing Rammstien.  I find them a little more interesting - I love Rammstein, but after a few tracks all their songs start to sound the same to me.

Ok, I'll try Die Krupps. I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone here. I've never liked this type of music, but there's something about Till Lindemann's voice (lead vocals), and the way he says them that just 'hypnotizes' me.  8)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Samuel Barber - Adagio For Strings

The Asmo is browsing through His sad music collection... Again.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on October 18, 2014, 01:57:11 AM

Barber is so overused by film and television that for me his music has lost all emotion and become dross.
Retired member.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on October 18, 2014, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 18, 2014, 01:57:11 AM

Barber is so overused by film and television that for me his music has lost all emotion and become dross.
That's true. I'm remixing that one. It's a marathon project as my skills in simulating an orchestra with my synthesizeres are limited.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein