News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 23, 2013, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 23, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
Smooth is the one with Rob Somethingorother, no? Thomas, was it?

Yeah Rob Thomas, I just like it and think he's a fab guitarist. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXp413NynFk

Yeah, he is one of my top Fives too.
I prefer this song, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9K7Ym1cHjg

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 23, 2013, 08:28:02 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 23, 2013, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 23, 2013, 04:09:44 PM
Smooth is the one with Rob Somethingorother, no? Thomas, was it?

Yeah Rob Thomas, I just like it and think he's a fab guitarist. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXp413NynFk

Yeah, he is one of my top Fives too.
I prefer this song, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9K7Ym1cHjg

Is that the guy from nickleback?  My phone won't play the video for some reason but will try to remember to look on the computer.

Asmodean

Tencaious D - Something about someone making someone else his sex slave, apparently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Asmodean on January 23, 2013, 08:52:20 PM
Tencaious D - Something about someone making someone else his sex slave, apparently.

I love Tenacious D, if you ever get chance to see them live, go they are brilliant and hilarious!

Asmodean

I know. I've seen some concert vids.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

NoHandlebarsAttached

Asmodean

Gareth Emery feat. Christina Novelli - Concrete Angel

Considering adding this to my urban cruising car music list.

...Followed by Amy Macdonald - Pride

If I knew her in real life, I'd probably consider developing a crush.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Claireliontamer

On the way home Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy' came on the radio and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 01, 2013, 03:20:00 PM

...Followed by Amy Macdonald - Pride

If I knew her in real life, I'd probably consider developing a crush.

Thank you for introducing me to an artist I'd never heard of before - I really like her style! I'll be looking for more of her stuff. Very folksy, some rock, a bit of pop, but all her own style. :)

I also looked up her website, and found a song of hers that I wanted to give a try: Left That Body Long Ago and because I'm not a huge fan of videos with random pictures, I just closed my eyes and listened, and tears came to my eyes. On her site, she talks about how she lost her grandma to Alzheimers, and I've known and lost people to it, too. Really powerful, touching song.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 01, 2013, 06:07:56 PM
On the way home Gnarls Barkley 'Crazy' came on the radio and it has been stuck in my head ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w

Damn you. I didn't even have to listen to it, just read your post, and it's stuck in my head now. Thanks a lot!
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on February 02, 2013, 01:27:25 AM
Thank you for introducing me to an artist I'd never heard of before - I really like her style! I'll be looking for more of her stuff. Very folksy, some rock, a bit of pop, but all her own style. :)

I also looked up her website, and found a song of hers that I wanted to give a try: Left That Body Long Ago and because I'm not a huge fan of videos with random pictures, I just closed my eyes and listened, and tears came to my eyes. On her site, she talks about how she lost her grandma to Alzheimers, and I've known and lost people to it, too. Really powerful, touching song.
She also seems like a very likeable person. Scotland should be proud.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

The 2nd closest neighbours, they're about 100 metres away, someones birthday I think.

There was an ABBA song but it's ACDC now, no I didn't realise that would look so odd typed.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 02, 2013, 10:55:38 AM
Quote from: Amicale on February 02, 2013, 01:27:25 AM

She also seems like a very likeable person. Scotland should be proud.

:) Just from what I've read in interviews/bios and from her music, she does seem very likeable, yes. I don't mind saying she's also easy on the eyes!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quite.  :D

The Fray - How To Save A Life
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.