News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

This has been my favourite version of Bolero since I was a teenager and my grandfather played the album on his amazing HIFI setup, which amongst other things included 7 ft square exponential base horns with a design cut off of 20 Hz, but produced measurable and "feelable" output down to 12 Hz.

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

something different from shankar

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i hadnt listened this for years. the i caught the 3rd movement on the radio and said

how could i have neglected this? its spectacular.

especially the third movement.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 20, 2023, 09:49:42 PM

Great, I love discovering composers I haven't heard before. I shall be exploring Florence Price's work.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Vilde Frang has made a big impact with her brilliant playing. Here in Stravinsky's Violin Concerto No. 1.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Another, joyful, performance of the Stravinsky Violin Concerto. Patricia Kopatchinskaja and Andrés Orozco-Estrada are having a really fun time with the Frankfurt Radio Symphony.

― Charles Eames

Asmodean

The Asmo is all exotic and almost-feel-goody today... Though in a grumpy, potentially smity way, of course.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

my daughter was taking a shower and this was coming out of the bathroom

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I love classical Indian music, don't appreciate Arabic music very much.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

billy rubin

Asmodean

The Asmo be listening to obscure Norwegian Pop.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

That lady is  a Harmonica wizard. I like it.

Here is a stumble across for a singer that I have not previously heard. Her voice is really clean and crisp. This song title  describes a thought that that I sometimes contemplate.